Hastings to Cal Transfer Question

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Stay or Go

Stay at Hastings
14%
Go to Cal
14%
Go to Stanford
71%
You won't get into either Cal or Stanford
No votes

Total votes: 7

redsoxfaan3

Hastings to Cal Transfer Question

Postby redsoxfaan3 » Fri May 24, 2013 2:26 pm

So I am currently at Hastings and will end up with a 3.8-3.9 GPA (curve on 2.67), which is probably top 3% and will likely grade on to Law Review.

I have applied to transfer to Cal and Stanford. I currently live closer to Cal than I do to Hastings. I am interested in public policy/government at the moment but that could change coming up in the future. I also have an internship with a California Senator in DC.

I have a 1/3 scholarship at Hastings.

Would you all recommend actually transferring to either Cal or Stanford or stay put at Hastings?

Thanks for any/all advice!

jbiresq

Re: Hastings to Cal Transfer Question

Postby jbiresq » Fri May 24, 2013 3:16 pm

Congrats. It's a good problem to have. I'd say definitely take Stanford if you get it but I'm iffy on Berkeley because you're not that interested in BigLaw. That said, LRAP at Stanford and Berkeley is going to be much more generous than at Hastings.

muskies970

Postby muskies970 » Fri May 24, 2013 3:19 pm

What's the COA either way?

lisavj

Postby lisavj » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:23 pm

This was my situation last year. I'm in finals at SLS right now, but PM me and I'll get in touch when I'm done this weekend.

Lasers

Postby Lasers » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:43 am

transfer to S or B unless you have a full ride (unlikely).

Return to “Transfers”