Letter of Good Standing from Dean

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Letter of Good Standing from Dean

Postby Anonymous User » Tue May 07, 2013 1:28 pm

Do I get this letter sent to LSAC or the specific school? Does anyone know which department of my school I might ask for this? Admissions? I imagine I wouldn't have to talk to the actual dean, right?

Danger Zone

Re: Letter of Good Standing from Dean

Postby Danger Zone » Tue May 07, 2013 1:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Do I get this letter sent to LSAC or the specific school? Does anyone know which department of my school I might ask for this? Admissions? I imagine I wouldn't have to talk to the actual dean, right?

The school you are applying to will have instructions about what they want. Some even have their own special forms. As for your school, again, it varies. I talked to the "dean of students" at my school about it. Turns out they have a form for it on the school's website that I didn't even notice before.

TTRansfer

Postby TTRansfer » Wed May 08, 2013 10:15 am

Anonymous User wrote:Do I get this letter sent to LSAC or the specific school? Does anyone know which department of my school I might ask for this? Admissions? I imagine I wouldn't have to talk to the actual dean, right?

1. Sent to the specific schools.

2. Ask the registrar.

3. You may or may not have to talk to the dean. I did not, but some people (usually at really shitty schools where they don't want you to leave) do have to talk to the dean and get guilt tripped.

northwood

Postby northwood » Wed May 08, 2013 10:19 am

when I transferred, I contacted the registrar and had to fax over a written letter stating that I wanted a letter of good standing, official transcripts sent to the school ( that was what the transfer application wanted).

a few days after the letter was sent, the dean of my old school asked me why I wanted to transfer and if there was anything he could do to stay... so you might want to be prepared to answer that, just in case

Return to “Transfers”