LOR request

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

LOR request

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:22 pm

The prof likely isn't going to be in this week and I wanted to ask him for a LOR. How should the e-mail look like? I find it very informal to ask him via e-mail, but the least I can do is not be blunt; or does it not matter?

lasersgopewpew

Re: LOR request

Postby lasersgopewpew » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:48 pm

I wouldn't ask for a letter over e-mail. If you two have a very, very good relationship, and/or they know the request is coming based on prior conversations, then MAYBE (though I probably still wouldn't). But, absent that, I'd wait the week and ask in person. I think the earliest deadlines for transfer apps are mid-June, and that would still give him plenty of time to write you something quality.

Return to “Transfers”