NYU Waiting Thread 2013

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273047
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: NYU Waiting Thread 2013

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:57 am

psach44 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Hate to break it to you psach, but they do. Why don't you send your buddy stillwater a PM and ask about his experience


I don't buy it. And if there was ONE incident fine. But the YHSCCN coms are not all on this.

He's not the only one. Maybe they aren't ALL on here, but it would be dumb to think that there aren't some ad comms checking out your TLS activity.

LouisXIV
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:05 pm

Re: NYU Waiting Thread 2013

Postby LouisXIV » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:07 pm

Folks- didn't mean to spark a debate here. We're all waiting together....except psach (got the UPS tracking number a while ago).

Dawkins
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:16 am

Re: NYU Waiting Thread 2013

Postby Dawkins » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:49 pm

I'm also missing my college questionnaire. Several weeks ago, someone in admissions told me u don't need it to be given an offer, and I've been UR for weeks now. But I'm not sure the info I was given is accurate.

richaoj
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:07 pm

Re: NYU Waiting Thread 2013

Postby richaoj » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:30 pm

Just went "Decision Letter Sent"

User avatar
lasersgopewpew
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:37 pm

Re: NYU Waiting Thread 2013

Postby lasersgopewpew » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:38 pm

richaoj wrote:Just went "Decision Letter Sent"


+1

Have they been e-mailing rejections, or postal service?

jlb24
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:06 pm

Re: NYU Waiting Thread 2013

Postby jlb24 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:40 pm

lasersgopewpew wrote:
richaoj wrote:Just went "Decision Letter Sent"


+1

Have they been e-mailing rejections, or postal service?


From what I have gathered, rejections were emailed and if you are accepted you get a link to UPS or something.

richaoj
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:07 pm

Re: NYU Waiting Thread 2013

Postby richaoj » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:46 pm

jlb24 wrote:
lasersgopewpew wrote:
richaoj wrote:Just went "Decision Letter Sent"


+1

Have they been e-mailing rejections, or postal service?


From what I have gathered, rejections were emailed and if you are accepted you get a link to UPS or something.


I haven't gotten a UPS email . . . nor did I get a rejection email . . . what does this mean?

User avatar
lasersgopewpew
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:37 pm

Re: NYU Waiting Thread 2013

Postby lasersgopewpew » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:48 pm

richaoj wrote:
jlb24 wrote:
lasersgopewpew wrote:
richaoj wrote:Just went "Decision Letter Sent"


+1

Have they been e-mailing rejections, or postal service?


From what I have gathered, rejections were emailed and if you are accepted you get a link to UPS or something.


I haven't gotten a UPS email . . . nor did I get a rejection email . . . what does this mean?


Possibly nothing. They may be updating statuses then sending e-mails. From what I understand from the earlier admits they didn't receive their tracking info until a bit later.

User avatar
UnfrozenCaveman
Posts: 281
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:06 pm

Re: NYU Waiting Thread 2013

Postby UnfrozenCaveman » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:50 pm

Didn't people get a tuition deposit box on status check last year?

richaoj
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:07 pm

Re: NYU Waiting Thread 2013

Postby richaoj » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:57 pm

Just a random question for those that have gotten in: have you gotten Law Review materials yet? Have they told you how many spots on the LR are available for transfers?

psach44
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:45 pm

Re: NYU Waiting Thread 2013

Postby psach44 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:07 pm

richaoj wrote:Just a random question for those that have gotten in: have you gotten Law Review materials yet? Have they told you how many spots on the LR are available for transfers?



No materials yet. And I am sure it varies but transfers for sure write-on.

User avatar
lasersgopewpew
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:37 pm

Re: NYU Waiting Thread 2013

Postby lasersgopewpew » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:10 pm

psach44 wrote:
richaoj wrote:Just a random question for those that have gotten in: have you gotten Law Review materials yet? Have they told you how many spots on the LR are available for transfers?



No materials yet. And I am sure it varies but transfers for sure write-on.


It's a separate competition for transfers, isn't it? I think that's what I read but I can't recall exactly.

User avatar
lasersgopewpew
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:37 pm

Re: NYU Waiting Thread 2013

Postby lasersgopewpew » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:50 pm

In via phone call...what a day. Best of luck to the rest of you!

InSport
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:41 pm

Re: NYU Waiting Thread 2013

Postby InSport » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:59 pm

lasersgopewpew wrote:
psach44 wrote:
richaoj wrote:Just a random question for those that have gotten in: have you gotten Law Review materials yet? Have they told you how many spots on the LR are available for transfers?


No materials yet. And I am sure it varies but transfers for sure write-on.


It's a separate competition for transfers, isn't it? I think that's what I read but I can't recall exactly.


Rising 3L / transfer here to address a few floating questions (I must be really bored at work this afternoon).

1. There is a separate write-on competition for transfer students.
2. Law Review accepted 4 transfers last year (I believe that's the correct #). From what I understand, this may change from year to year.
3. Last year, rejections were sent via email, and acceptances were sent via US mail.

To elaborate on #3, know that the school typically accepts transfers into August. I know other transfers from last year that were accepted just a few days prior to transfer orientation (this year's transfer orientation is August 12).

Good luck to everyone still waiting on a decision.

EDIT: Last year, the status checker website displayed a "Tuition Deposit" box when the applicant was accepted. It appeared at the same time as "Decision Letter Sent."

User avatar
lasersgopewpew
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:37 pm

Re: NYU Waiting Thread 2013

Postby lasersgopewpew » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:09 pm

InSport wrote:
EDIT: Last year, the status checker website displayed a "Tuition Deposit" box when the applicant was accepted. It appeared at the same time as "Decision Letter Sent."


Thanks for the info! If I decide to enroll, I'll definitely try to write on to law review.

Just a heads up to those who are still waiting, while YMMV, I did not get a tuition deposit box on my status checker page.

richaoj
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:07 pm

Re: NYU Waiting Thread 2013

Postby richaoj » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:26 pm

Just got the UPS Tracking #

transfer2013
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: NYU Waiting Thread 2013

Postby transfer2013 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:51 pm

Does anybody who's been admitted (either this cycle or from a previous cycle) know whether NYU reserves interview spots at their Early Interview Week for transfers?

psach44
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:45 pm

Re: NYU Waiting Thread 2013

Postby psach44 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:23 pm

transfer2013 wrote:Does anybody who's been admitted (either this cycle or from a previous cycle) know whether NYU reserves interview spots at their Early Interview Week for transfers?


Our bidding begins the 6th.

transfer2013
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: NYU Waiting Thread 2013

Postby transfer2013 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:29 pm

Thanks! But do they reserve spots for transfers, because have returning students already bid?

psach44
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:45 pm

Re: NYU Waiting Thread 2013

Postby psach44 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:03 pm

transfer2013 wrote:Thanks! But do they reserve spots for transfers, because have returning students already bid?



NYU is famous and known for being extremely transfer friendly. They guarantee every transfer student a minimum of 20-25 interviews. You'll be fine. Every transfer I know there was extremely happy and basically nailed the top firms they were looking for.

transfer2013
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: NYU Waiting Thread 2013

Postby transfer2013 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:15 pm

psach44 wrote:
transfer2013 wrote:Thanks! But do they reserve spots for transfers, because have returning students already bid?



NYU is famous and known for being extremely transfer friendly. They guarantee every transfer student a minimum of 20-25 interviews. You'll be fine. Every transfer I know there was extremely happy and basically nailed the top firms they were looking for.


Thanks!

jlb24
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:06 pm

Re: NYU Waiting Thread 2013

Postby jlb24 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:11 pm

Still hoping for a positive decision, but I fear only dings remain...

ism3232
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:15 pm

Re: NYU Waiting Thread 2013

Postby ism3232 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:24 pm

jlb24 wrote:Still hoping for a positive decision, but I fear only dings remain...


From last year's thread it looks like they were sending out acceptances through the first week of August, so there's still time. Positive thoughts.

LouisXIV
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:05 pm

Re: NYU Waiting Thread 2013

Postby LouisXIV » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:34 pm

ism3232 wrote: From last year's thread it looks like they were sending out acceptances through the first week of August, so there's still time. Positive thoughts.
+1

It is possible they did things differently this year, but I think some decisions will be made in the coming days. Looking at last year's thread, quite a few people were admitted in the last week of July.

richaoj
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:07 pm

Re: NYU Waiting Thread 2013

Postby richaoj » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:55 pm

Is there a FB group for transfer admits or something? I need to find housing ASAP.




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.