NYU Waiting Thread 2013 Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
stillwater

Gold

Re: NYU Waiting Thread 2013

Post by stillwater » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:40 pm

xfer2013 wrote:Today my status checker posted decision letter sent, and I got an email from ups with tracking information for a 1 pound package being sent next day air.

This is probably a good sign, right? Do we know anything more than that? Does the fact that it is coming by next day air mean it is definitely an acceptance?
my transfer acceptance was next day but 2.3 lbs.

xfer2013

New

Post by xfer2013 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:42 pm

q4ern wrote:What time did you get the email and when did your status change?
Email came at 2:45 today from UPS, status checker changed today, not sure what time.

xfer2013

New

Post by xfer2013 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:44 pm

stillwater wrote:
xfer2013 wrote:Today my status checker posted decision letter sent, and I got an email from ups with tracking information for a 1 pound package being sent next day air.

This is probably a good sign, right? Do we know anything more than that? Does the fact that it is coming by next day air mean it is definitely an acceptance?
Oh, was the weight stated in an email?

That makes my one pounder sound less promising...

edit: also, some of my boxes are still unchecked, so I'm wondering if this could be a ding. But I also have a hard time seeing a school sending a ding via overnight air.

stillwater

Gold

Post by stillwater » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:47 pm

xfer2013 wrote:
stillwater wrote:

Oh, was the weight stated in an email?

That makes my one pounder sound less promising...

edit: also, some of my boxes are still unchecked, so I'm wondering if this could be a ding. But I also have a hard time seeing a school sending a ding via overnight air.
ups tracking shows the weight

lasersgopewpew

Bronze

Post by lasersgopewpew » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:48 pm

Not sure if there's any knowledge out there, yet, but seems unlikely they'd spend the money to next-day a ding, when they could easily just do it over e-mail.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

stillwater

Gold

Post by stillwater » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:51 pm

lasersgopewpew wrote:Not sure if there's any knowledge out there, yet, but seems unlikely they'd spend the money to next-day a ding, when they could easily just do it over e-mail.
agree w the above

psach44

Bronze

Post by psach44 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:04 pm

also agree but as Master Stillwater indicated, the package was a 2.3lb-er.

Maybe they forgot to put their healthcare package envelope in the folder, because that guy easily weighed 1.3 lb alone.

hopefultransfer19

New

Post by hopefultransfer19 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:05 am

not sure if this helps at all, but my ups shipping info didn't have any weight at all (just listed as a letter). it just arrived today and was an acceptance letter. hope that helps

Transfer13

New

Post by Transfer13 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:59 pm

Looks like a weekend of limbo.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ism3232

New

Post by ism3232 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:17 pm

Transfer13 wrote:Looks like a weekend of limbo.
Yep, hopefully Monday will be more active.

staysha

New

Post by staysha » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:24 pm

I was able to access admitted student page a few hours after my status update, just incase that helps.

Latenite987

New

Post by Latenite987 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:57 pm

Just withdrew from NYU. Hope someone benefits from my spot!

UnfrozenCaveman

Bronze

Post by UnfrozenCaveman » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:00 pm

Latenite987 wrote:Just withdrew from NYU. Hope someone benefits from my spot!
Keep em coming

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

UnfrozenCaveman

Bronze

Post by UnfrozenCaveman » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:22 pm

When's the due date for OCI bids?

richaoj

New

Post by richaoj » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:59 pm

Just got my first "Under Review"

Jimbola

Bronze

Post by Jimbola » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:11 pm

They finally got my college questionnaire. Wasn't sure if my undergrad was gonna pull through for me. Lets get some decisions monday!

psach44

Bronze

Post by psach44 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:26 pm

I recognize that this question will piss off some people waiting for some of us to withdraw, but I was wondering if anyone out there was either considering stalling or some other procedure to buy more time.

I see that NYU requires a $600 deposit and also a signing of intent to enroll...which means a withdraw from current school and all other acceptances. My question is--- is anyone going to deposit, and sign while still remaining in their current school because they are really ambivalent?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

TheZoid

Bronze

Post by TheZoid » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:54 am

psach44 wrote:I recognize that this question will piss off some people waiting for some of us to withdraw, but I was wondering if anyone out there was either considering stalling or some other procedure to buy more time.

I see that NYU requires a $600 deposit and also a signing of intent to enroll...which means a withdraw from current school and all other acceptances. My question is--- is anyone going to deposit, and sign while still remaining in their current school because they are really ambivalent?
Welp, at least you're honest with yourself.

Jimbola

Bronze

Post by Jimbola » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:19 pm

psach44 wrote:I recognize that this question will piss off some people waiting for some of us to withdraw, but I was wondering if anyone out there was either considering stalling or some other procedure to buy more time.

Hey it's a really tough decision. I think most of us can understand that.

UnfrozenCaveman

Bronze

Post by UnfrozenCaveman » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:14 pm

Jimbola wrote:

Yeah, but hurry up and withdraw! ...kidding!

psach44

Bronze

Post by psach44 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:34 pm

UnfrozenCaveman wrote:
Jimbola wrote:

Haha. I am sorry to you all. I really am, I know the waiting game absolutely blows. It's just really hard right now for me to withdraw from my current school with all the things I have going for me there so quickly. The more I think about it, the more I see myself heading to NYU, but I just don't fully know yet. I apologize to all of you for this.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

stillwater

Gold

Post by stillwater » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:35 pm

psach44 wrote:
UnfrozenCaveman wrote:
Jimbola wrote:

Haha. I am sorry to you all. I really am, I know the waiting game absolutely blows. It's just really hard right now for me to withdraw from my current school with all the things I have going for me there so quickly. The more I think about it, the more I see myself heading to NYU, but I just don't fully know yet. I apologize to all of you for this.
dont keep the kids waiting.

-Guy who withdrew

psach44

Bronze

Post by psach44 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:55 pm

"Guy who withdrew"- for Harvard, you shmuck.

Some of us laymen have other things to think about.

xfer2013

New

Post by xfer2013 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:32 am

Just for the record, in case some are keeping a tally of TLS acceptances, my one pound envelope was an acceptance. Very excited, 90% sure I will be going. Next Monday is deposit deadline.

psach44

Bronze

Post by psach44 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:03 am

All you received was an envelope?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”