Harvard Waiting Thread 2013

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: Harvard Waiting Thread 2013

Postby stillwater » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:12 pm

.
Last edited by stillwater on Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

richaoj
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:07 pm

Re: Harvard Waiting Thread 2013

Postby richaoj » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:36 pm

stillwater wrote:
richaoj wrote:
qwertyy wrote:
stillwater wrote:i figure this question would be useful for admits and those still waiting. how many first roud admits plan on attending?


I'm planning to attend.


I would assume this to be the default.


how bout them YLS or SLS cross-admits?

i know i am definitey going to HLS, im just curious what percent are holding out and we can get a feel for the prospective yield of the first batch.


Isn't the deposit deadline Monday the 15th? SLS and YLS decisions are after that and I would think that people would typically go for the sure thing (esp when SLS and YLS transfer classes are much smaller).

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: Harvard Waiting Thread 2013

Postby stillwater » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:38 pm

^ H doesnt make you withdraw pending decisions.

psach44
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:45 pm

Re: Harvard Waiting Thread 2013

Postby psach44 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:48 pm

I assume there aren't many spots left.

We've seen at least 10-15 on this forum alone. Presumably there are some (sane) people out there that aren't addicted to TLS the way we all are...so They probably issued close to 30-40 admits already.

BFrankBYangC
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:46 pm

Re: Harvard Waiting Thread 2013

Postby BFrankBYangC » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:01 pm

stillwater wrote:
richaoj wrote:
qwertyy wrote:
stillwater wrote:i figure this question would be useful for admits and those still waiting. how many first roud admits plan on attending?


I'm planning to attend.


I would assume this to be the default.


how bout them YLS or SLS cross-admits?

i know i am definitey going to HLS, im just curious what percent are holding out and we can get a feel for the prospective yield of the first batch.


I am waiting on SLS before I decide. I'll bet that many Harvard admits applied to the holy HYS trinity, and some of them probably don't have Harvard as their first choice, so there's a good chance that some more spots will open up after YLS and SLS make their offers.

psach44
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:45 pm

Re: Harvard Waiting Thread 2013

Postby psach44 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:04 pm

Might be...wonder if H keeps that in mind and hangs on to some of us hopefuls.

User avatar
hephaestus
Posts: 2385
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:21 pm

Re: Harvard Waiting Thread 2013

Postby hephaestus » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:12 pm

psach44 wrote:Might be...wonder if H keeps that in mind and hangs on to some of us hopefuls.

Yeah I think that people remaining may be de facto hold/WL

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: Harvard Waiting Thread 2013

Postby stillwater » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:14 pm

ImNoScar wrote:
psach44 wrote:Might be...wonder if H keeps that in mind and hangs on to some of us hopefuls.

Yeah I think that people remaining may be de facto hold/WL


doesnt seem like there were many dings today. theres a lot of game left to be played

BFrankBYangC
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:46 pm

Re: Harvard Waiting Thread 2013

Postby BFrankBYangC » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:16 pm

Yeah, I wouldn't count yourself out if you aren't in yet. Nothing to lose by riding the de facto transfer waitlist (if it is indeed such). Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back.

srilina
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:13 pm

Re: Harvard Waiting Thread 2013

Postby srilina » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:16 am

If helpful, our transfer class (2014) has approximately 30 people - so did the previous class. I believe we had a couple admits in what would be later this week, and even into next. I think someone heard really late in July (someone else accepted and then backed out after hearing from YLS). However, I wouldn't bank on it.

psach44
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:45 pm

Re: Harvard Waiting Thread 2013

Postby psach44 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:22 am

Thanks for the dagger :)

User avatar
jrf12886
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:52 am

Re: Harvard Waiting Thread 2013

Postby jrf12886 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:25 am

Last year they did some admits by phone, and then the rest were by e-mail.

7ED
Posts: 276
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:26 pm

Re: Harvard Waiting Thread 2013

Postby 7ED » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:31 am

I have outstanding at Yale but I am definitely attending Harvard even if I am admitted.

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: Harvard Waiting Thread 2013

Postby stillwater » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:50 am

7ED wrote:I have outstanding at Yale but I am definitely attending Harvard even if I am admitted.


.
Last edited by stillwater on Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EqualJustice
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:58 pm

Re: Harvard Waiting Thread 2013

Postby EqualJustice » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:18 am

I'm not merely saying this to open up some seats but--given the chance--I would attend Yale in a New Haven minute. While I have the greatest love for Harvard, a degree from Yale provides some distinct advantages.

psach44
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:45 pm

Re: Harvard Waiting Thread 2013

Postby psach44 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:36 am

Agreed. Not so sure the thinking process behind you two...

transfer57
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:43 pm

Re: Harvard Waiting Thread 2013

Postby transfer57 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:24 am

After surviving the first round of "dings," there's a certain song playing in my head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5mrEAPMLk8

But I wonder how long...

psach44
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:45 pm

Re: Harvard Waiting Thread 2013

Postby psach44 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:52 am

Ya me too. Had to add something to file this AM and they still took it so...

User avatar
Nammertat
Posts: 516
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:25 pm

Re: Harvard Waiting Thread 2013

Postby Nammertat » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:53 pm

psach44 wrote:Ya me too. Had to add something to file this AM and they still took it so...


By add something do you mean updated materials? (journal/summer jerb/discovered cure for cancer)

psach44
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:45 pm

Re: Harvard Waiting Thread 2013

Postby psach44 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:55 pm

Indeed, yesterday I discovered the cure for cancer, however, on my resume I had only included "solved Mideast peace crisis", so I figured this was relevant to add.

EqualJustice
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:58 pm

Re: Harvard Waiting Thread 2013

Postby EqualJustice » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:05 pm

psach44 wrote:Indeed, yesterday I discovered the cure for cancer, however, on my resume I had only included "solved Mideast peace crisis", so I figured this was relevant to add.



Looks as if you've got the "right stuff" for Harvard. Thus, I would rest at ease if I were you.

User avatar
Nammertat
Posts: 516
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:25 pm

Re: Harvard Waiting Thread 2013

Postby Nammertat » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:09 pm

psach44 wrote:Indeed, yesterday I discovered the cure for cancer, however, on my resume I had only included "solved Mideast peace crisis", so I figured this was relevant to add.


Wow, yeah that should get it done.... I thought I was riding high with my "convinced North Korea to stop nuclear arms development."

EqualJustice
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:58 pm

Re: Harvard Waiting Thread 2013

Postby EqualJustice » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:11 pm

Nammertat wrote:
psach44 wrote:Indeed, yesterday I discovered the cure for cancer, however, on my resume I had only included "solved Mideast peace crisis", so I figured this was relevant to add.


Wow, yeah that should get it done.... I thought I was riding high with my "convinced North Korea to stop nuclear arms development."



I feel truly humbled in your presence.

psach44
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:45 pm

Re: Harvard Waiting Thread 2013

Postby psach44 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:20 pm

EqualJustice wrote:
Nammertat wrote:
psach44 wrote:Indeed, yesterday I discovered the cure for cancer, however, on my resume I had only included "solved Mideast peace crisis", so I figured this was relevant to add.


Wow, yeah that should get it done.... I thought I was riding high with my "convinced North Korea to stop nuclear arms development."



I feel truly humbled in your presence.



Nah bro. That's child's play. Even rodman can do that crap.

User avatar
Nammertat
Posts: 516
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:25 pm

Re: Harvard Waiting Thread 2013

Postby Nammertat » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:23 pm

psach44 wrote:
EqualJustice wrote:
Nammertat wrote:
psach44 wrote:Indeed, yesterday I discovered the cure for cancer, however, on my resume I had only included "solved Mideast peace crisis", so I figured this was relevant to add.


Wow, yeah that should get it done.... I thought I was riding high with my "convinced North Korea to stop nuclear arms development."



I feel truly humbled in your presence.



Nah bro. That's child's play. Even rodman can do that crap.


Never doubt the power of the hair




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.