Page 2 of 19

Re: Harvard Waiting Thread 2013

Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:33 am
by dsb83
I'm just inside the top 5%, 10/205 at a school ranked in the 40-50 range. Do you think it would be worth the app fee?

Re: Harvard Waiting Thread 2013

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:41 pm
by zor
Threw in my hat.

NYC T2, top 2%. I'm guessing this is a veeeeery long shot but hey, what if?

Re: Harvard Waiting Thread 2013

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:47 pm
by brotherdarkness
.

Re: Harvard Waiting Thread 2013

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:59 pm
by TheZoid
2013Transfer wrote:
nucky thompson wrote:LOR's/grades/Dean letter not ready - should I submit the application form and then update application, or wait until all of my materials are ready


LSAC won't allow you to submit the application without current transcripts and LORs, if the school requires them. I'm still waiting for grades too.


Wait, really? I guess Stanford and Penn are out, then, since I haven't requested those items yet. Shit. Also, checking in. Top ~5% at T-20. Long shot but worth a shot I figure. Also found out the hard way about order the write-on materials. Ended up driving to Cambridge that Friday. Good times.

Re: Harvard Waiting Thread 2013

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:23 pm
by 2013Transfer
TheZoid wrote:
2013Transfer wrote:
nucky thompson wrote:LOR's/grades/Dean letter not ready - should I submit the application form and then update application, or wait until all of my materials are ready


LSAC won't allow you to submit the application without current transcripts and LORs, if the school requires them. I'm still waiting for grades too.


Wait, really? I guess Stanford and Penn are out, then, since I haven't requested those items yet. Shit. Also, checking in. Top ~5% at T-20. Long shot but worth a shot I figure. Also found out the hard way about order the write-on materials. Ended up driving to Cambridge that Friday. Good times.


Really. I was freaking out about Penn since their app is due the 15th, but my transcripts FINALLY uploaded today.

Re: Harvard Waiting Thread 2013

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:29 pm
by TheZoid
That's weird, because I called Penn and they said it was fine as long as your recommendations are in by July 1st. I wonder if the same applies for the Transcript though. I'm a little late to the game, and just added my institution on LSAC...shit. Definitely won't have the transcript uploaded by the deadline.

Re: Harvard Waiting Thread 2013

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:04 pm
by stillwater
I could be delusional but I think Penn said all that it required was you be complete by July 1. Some schools its like actually impossible to get transcripts in on time.

Re: Harvard Waiting Thread 2013

Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:24 am
by 2013Transfer
stillwater wrote:I could be delusional but I think Penn said all that it required was you be complete by July 1. Some schools its like actually impossible to get transcripts in on time.


Hmm, I can't remember exactly what their website said. I just know that according to LSAC it was due June 15

Re: Harvard Waiting Thread 2013

Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:47 am
by Anonymous User
2013Transfer wrote:
stillwater wrote:I could be delusional but I think Penn said all that it required was you be complete by July 1. Some schools its like actually impossible to get transcripts in on time.


Hmm, I can't remember exactly what their website said. I just know that according to LSAC it was due June 15

For Penn: The app is due June 15. Your LORs and transcript can be turned in as late as July 1.

Re: Harvard Waiting Thread 2013

Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:25 pm
by 7ED
Just for the record my application was submitted before all my recommendation letters were in. I don't think that thing bout LSAC not allowing you to submit is true. Moreover, I am STILL waiting for my 2nd semester grades.

Re: Harvard Waiting Thread 2013

Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:10 pm
by 2013Transfer
7ED wrote:Just for the record my application was submitted before all my recommendation letters were in. I don't think that thing bout LSAC not allowing you to submit is true. Moreover, I am STILL waiting for my 2nd semester grades.


It is true if you have already added your law school as an institution.

Re: Harvard Waiting Thread 2013

Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:08 am
by richaoj
2013Transfer wrote:
7ED wrote:Just for the record my application was submitted before all my recommendation letters were in. I don't think that thing bout LSAC not allowing you to submit is true. Moreover, I am STILL waiting for my 2nd semester grades.


It is true if you have already added your law school as an institution.


This is pretty silly, considering that some schools, like mine, don't even give grades until the 13th of June . . .

There is no way to get a transcript to LSAC on time for some of these transfer apps.

Re: Harvard Waiting Thread 2013

Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:19 pm
by 7ED
Don't add your law school on LSAC, I would just send the transcript directly. I don't have my spring grades yet.

Re: Harvard Waiting Thread 2013

Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:53 pm
by TheZoid
2013Transfer wrote:
7ED wrote:Just for the record my application was submitted before all my recommendation letters were in. I don't think that thing bout LSAC not allowing you to submit is true. Moreover, I am STILL waiting for my 2nd semester grades.


It is true if you have already added your law school as an institution.


Maybe LSAC just doesn't even know how their own site works, but according to them you're wrong.

Re: Harvard Waiting Thread 2013

Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:15 pm
by 7ED
Or the more likely explanation, since its very hard to be straight up wrong when my application is in and my transcript is not... the lot of us have misunderstood each other.

Re: Harvard Waiting Thread 2013

Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:31 pm
by stillwater
is this the LSAC complaint thread?

Re: Harvard Waiting Thread 2013

Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:07 am
by transfer57
The application is due July 1. You do not need to have an official transcript...Or at least I hope. Where are you guys reading differently? LSAC is pretty clear about it i feel.

I am ranked #1 in 50-60. I know I have an ice cube's chance, but it's worth the app fee just in case hell freezes over.

Re: Harvard Waiting Thread 2013

Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:06 am
by 2013Transfer
transfer57 wrote:The application is due July 1. You do not need to have an official transcript...Or at least I hope. Where are you guys reading differently? LSAC is pretty clear about it i feel.

I am ranked #1 in 50-60. I know I have an ice cube's chance, but it's worth the app fee just in case hell freezes over.


That was in reference to Penn. Got off on a tangent.

Re: Harvard Waiting Thread 2013

Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:01 pm
by readeatsleep
hi all;

a need access question: i just finished my need access app and i see, e.g., yale law as an option to submit to, but i don't see harvard law. has anyone submitted their need access app to harvard? if so, how? if not, when do we submit it and how?

thanks.

Re: Harvard Waiting Thread 2013

Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:49 pm
by 7ED
My understanding is for Harvard you do financial aid stuff after being accepted.

Re: Harvard Waiting Thread 2013

Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:00 pm
by gatorapplicant
has anyone's status moved to complete? i've been at "application received" for about a week now, and i think they have everything...

Re: Harvard Waiting Thread 2013

Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:10 pm
by brotherdarkness
.

Re: Harvard Waiting Thread 2013

Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:12 pm
by stillwater
any one UR?

Re: Harvard Waiting Thread 2013

Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:20 pm
by 7ED
Lawl I don't even have all my grades yet. In for an agonizing wait. Given the July 4th weekend, I doubt decisions will be out before the 8th.

Re: Harvard Waiting Thread 2013

Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:23 pm
by stillwater
7ED wrote:Lawl I don't even have all my grades yet. In for an agonizing wait. Given the July 4th weekend, I doubt decisions will be out before the 8th.



probably right. with the 4th falling on the thursday, it pretty much kills that friday as well.