Post-Transfer Clerkship Question Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
jbiresq

Bronze

Post-Transfer Clerkship Question

Post by jbiresq » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:47 pm

So it's getting that time when I'm asking professors for clerkship recommendations and I am wondering if anyone has asked a professor from their old school. I have only developed a strong relationship with one my of professors at my new school and will be asking him for a recommendation but I still need 1 or 2 more.

However, I had a professor last year who I have a very good relationship with and think he could say a lot of good things. Do you think it's worthwhile to ask? Will the school have a policy against it? Will judges look down upon the rec because it came from a T2 prof?

Is this a better question for the clerkship thread?

quiver

Silver

Re: Post-Transfer Clerkship Question

Post by quiver » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:43 am

jbiresq wrote:However, I had a professor last year who I have a very good relationship with and think he could say a lot of good things. Do you think it's worthwhile to ask?
Yes. A rec from a professor who knows you well > random professor at your transfer school.
jbiresq wrote:Will the school have a policy against it?
Depends on the school. Usually I think it's up to the individual professor.
jbiresq wrote:Will judges look down upon the rec because it came from a T2 prof?
Not really. They want to see detailed recs from people who know you well. Generally, they don't care which law school a professor is from.

jbiresq

Bronze

Re: Post-Transfer Clerkship Question

Post by jbiresq » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:49 pm

Thanks!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”