Were you a Georgetown Transfer EA Defer --> RD Admit?

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Were you a Georgetown Transfer EA Defer --> RD Admit?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:09 am

Dear Fellow TLSer,

I am not sure what the stats are for GULC EA defer --> RD admits; however, if this was your situation, please HALP :D

If you were able to get accepted post EA defer, what were your EA #'s and final RD #'s? School Rank? Etc...?
Did you send LOCI's throughout the summer? If so, what did you add?
Is there anything that you recommend that we do besides continue to get good grades?

Give us some hope :mrgreen:

Sincerely,

The TLS GULC xfer EA Defer Crew
Last edited by Anonymous User on Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

jessuf

Re: Georgetown Transfer EA Defer --> RD Admit

Postby jessuf » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:52 am

It'd be easier if you posted your stats.

Anonymous User

Re: Georgetown Transfer EA Defer --> RD Admit

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:13 am

Jessuf wrote:It'd be easier if you posted your stats.

this thread is the antithesis of a "what are my chances thread"... its purpose is much different because instead of hearing people pick % and guess what our chances are for being a Transfer EA Defer --> RD Admit, it is for students who were previous EA Defer --> RD Admits to post their stats and what they did in order to get acceptance :D

this way, all of the people that were T1 -TTTT EA defers can see if we are SOL on getting acceptance in the RD pool based on the (yes, very small) TLS sample size...

however, people are free to poast whatev they want ITT... i hope that makes sense 8)

jessuf

Re: Were you a Georgetown Transfer EA Defer --> RD Admit?

Postby jessuf » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:38 pm

Don't forget to look at the transfer stats spreadsheet, as well as the yahoo transfer groups spreadsheets.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:46 pm

Jessuf wrote:Don't forget to look at the transfer stats spreadsheet, as well as the yahoo transfer groups spreadsheets.

Thx, Jessuf :mrgreen:

fredflint299

Postby fredflint299 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:32 pm

I was. Ill answer questions. You can PM me as well

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:49 pm

fredflint299 wrote:I was. Ill answer questions. You can PM me as well

thanks! what was your class rank/ GPA at the time you submitted your EA application... did your class rank improve when you got your spring grades?
what was the approximate rank of your school?
did you have any relevant WE?
the defer letter says "You also are welcome to submit any additional materials you feel will enhance your application" ... did you send anything, LOCI, etc..?

thanks again

fredflint299

Postby fredflint299 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:18 pm

My rank was essentially the same after first and second semester. T2 top 5%.

I was a lot closer to the 5% margin than the 1% margin. No relevant WE. I sent a LOCI.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:02 pm

fredflint299 wrote:My rank was essentially the same after first and second semester. T2 top 5%.

I was a lot closer to the 5% margin than the 1% margin. No relevant WE. I sent a LOCI.

Did you end up attending? If so, what do you like about GULC? How was OCI? How are the students and Professors?

fredflint299

Postby fredflint299 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
fredflint299 wrote:My rank was essentially the same after first and second semester. T2 top 5%.

Did you end up attending? If so, what do you like about GULC? How was OCI? How are the students and Professors?

I attended for personal reasons, albeit I was accepted to other t14s.

OCI for transfers was interesting. People with WE did really well. Some transfers struck out. I dont think main journal/secondary journals mattered, as long as you were on one.
Of the transfers I talked to, 60%ish landed big law.

Students and professors are meh, similar to my old school. Some impressive people, some okay people, and some tools. But the IQ level is definitely higher. People are generally nice. You kind of blend in as a 2L, as people assume you were in another section.

blackjack13

Postby blackjack13 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:58 am

Hi there, any incoming transfers for this fall should going the Facebook group I just created: https://www.facebook.com/groups/557706234268730/

At the very least we could do a happy hour before classes start!

johnB86

Postby johnB86 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:18 am

I was top 3% at a TT in 2011 cycle. Was EA deferred and then RD waitlisted despite a LOCI and phone calls with someone in admissions expressing my interest. Eventually got into Penn and withdrew. Moral of the story: I don't know that one can really predict or explain what GTown will do or why GTown does what it does...based on numbers I should have been in. So don't give up hope either way and, as you've surely heard if you read the transfer forum, APPLY BROADLY.

Return to “Transfers”