Any UCLA transfers out there???

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Any UCLA transfers out there???

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:57 am

I'm seriously considering a transfer from a T-2 school to UCLA. If you transferred to UCLA, please give your experiences (especially regarding OCI and LR). Were people friendly? Easy to fit in and figure it all out? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated..... :roll:

dtl

Re: Any UCLA transfers out there???

Postby dtl » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:33 pm

I transferred to UCLA from a T2.

People are extremely friendly, and it was easy to fit in and figure out. I came from a school where there was a lot of interaction between professors and students, and the size of the class here makes it hard for that to happen.

OCI was a complete wash for me. But I did quite well my first semester here and was able to land a relatively good mid size firm more recently for the summer.

Feel free to PM me any questions you might have.

nyet

Re: Any UCLA transfers out there???

Postby nyet » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:56 am

Transferred to UCLA from a school ranked in the 40-50 range.

As the previous poster said, people are very friendly and the administrative staff has been very helpful in the transition. I'm guessing it would be easier to relate with and befriend other transfer students, but there are plenty of journals and student organizations that provide opportunities to get to know other UCLA students. Interaction between professors and students is obviously what you make of it (i.e., class participation, office hours, etc.). However, there are plenty of courses with small class sizes that allow you to get to know the professor.

I got a summer position through OCI, and I know another transfer student who got a summer position through OCI as well.

Feel free to PM me any questions.

Return to “Transfers”