UChicago ED??

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

UChicago ED??

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:04 pm

I'm trying to decide whether I should should apply to transfer to UChicago ED.

I finished my first semester with a 4.0 from a school ranked 50-60.

From a purely logical standpoint, it seems like it would make the most sense to apply ED to maximize my chances of landing at a school that will give me great Biglaw prospects (thats the goal). However, I really want to roll the dice with HYS. Furthermore, I'd rather be at Columbia than UChicago if given the choice. So basically, UChicago is my least favorite of the top 5 schools and I'm hesitant to commit.

Thoughts?

stillwater

Re: UChicago ED??

Postby stillwater » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:05 pm

Well if you prefer Columbia why not wait?

Anonymous User

Re: UChicago ED??

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:08 pm

I have that pretty looking 4.0 right now and, as everyone on this forum can attest to, grades can be unpredictable. So I'm afraid that if I wait, my grades may drop enough so that I would not be competitive at any of those schools

Return to “Transfers”