Perception of summer job in transfer application Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Perception of summer job in transfer application

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:56 pm

I'm trying to decide whether to work for the local DA or a health care system in my state. Either one would be fine, but I'm wondering if one might be more impressive than the other in terms of transferring. I know this can't be a big factor, but it might count for something.

I'm trying to make a decision, and I'm on the fence, so I was hoping this might help. Thanks.

Uncle.Joe

Bronze

Re: Perception of summer job in transfer application

Post by Uncle.Joe » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:37 am

Here is what matters a) class rank b) for public whether you are in state c) connection to school or city d) mayb impressive sifts but probably not

Your 1l job is not part of the equation.

pbfoot

Bronze

Re: Perception of summer job in transfer application

Post by pbfoot » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:08 pm

Class rank/GPA are realistically what will matter. LOR's can help if really good, or from a professor who attended the school you're applying to. Some schools like to see a connection, many don't care-but this can be explained in your personal statement. Personal statement won't make an application, but if it's complete shit it can break it.

Only a particularly prestigious 1L job will make any difference. Think competitive A3/USAO internship or V20 firm. Just make sure you do something.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”