IUB Transfer to Y or S

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
midwestlawschoolfool

IUB Transfer to Y or S

Postby midwestlawschoolfool » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:26 pm

TLS - what do you think is the probability I could transfer to Y or S with a top 3-5% GPA? I'm leaning more towards S because I'm from the west. I was above the 75th percentile entering Maurer for GPA and LSAT, and I'm currently on a full-ride scholly. No outstanding softs. Also, would it be worth it?

2013applicant

Re: IUB Transfer to Y or S

Postby 2013applicant » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:39 pm

Last edited by 2013applicant on Wed May 08, 2013 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

juzam_djinn

Postby juzam_djinn » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:12 pm

probably worth it to apply but like above said, very unlikely at hys

eastcoast_iub

Postby eastcoast_iub » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:25 pm

I transferred from IU to Michigan last year in top 12%. I know of one person from last year's class who transferred to Stanford, I don't know exactly where she was ranked but at least top 5%. I think that would be the outer limit for a realistic chance.

Yale is a hail mary, they take a small transfer class, I think you might have to be #1 to be swing that. Harvard takes a lot of transfers though and would also be realistic within top 5%.

Also, know a guy from last year who transferred to Columbia, he was exactly top 10%.

Edit: Transfer and don't think twice about it! I was also on a near full-ride and hesitated b/c of that but I'm so glad I pulled the trigger. Any T14 school, with the possible exception of Georgetown, is worth it. Big law is a longshot from IUB. I've heard of top 5%ers who didn't transfer that are still jobless.

lawschoolgrapedme

Postby lawschoolgrapedme » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:27 pm

I transferred from IUB to Columbia. Was top 3%. Applied to NW, Chicago, NYU, and Columbia. Accepted everywhere except Chi. I think with top 5% you have a good shot at H. I do not think Y is possible, but might as well try.

Return to “Transfers”