Study abroad as transfer at GULC

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Study abroad as transfer at GULC

Postby greenchair » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:02 pm

I know most schools don't allow transfer students to study abroad... Does anyone know if GULC has an explicit policy against this? I looked at their residency requirement but it doesn't say anything specific about transfer students not being able to study abroad. They also don't talk about specific residency requirements for transfer students... ... ed-p46.pdf

Re: Study abroad as transfer at GULC

Postby patrickd139 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:17 am

Anything you're likely to read on this forum is likely to be someone's guess. This seems like an appropriate question to call GULC directly and ask about, though.

Postby Uncle.Joe » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:14 pm

I'm reasonably sure it's an aba issue, rather than a school specific question. I think you have to complete 4 semesters at your degree awarding institution. I could be mistaken though.

Postby jessuf » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:07 pm

You could do it over the summer, but you'd have to spend all of 2L and 3L years at GULC per their residency requirement.

Return to “Transfers”