Help me land Harvard or Stanford! Need help!!

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Help me land Harvard or Stanford! Need help!!

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:53 am

2/~300 at a 40-50. I really like my school and location, but would give it all up for H or S. Please advise me on ways to distinguish myself beyond grades that could hep me make this summer's cut. Will school specific letter of recommendations help (e.g. Harvard Alum writing specifically for Harvard)?

Also, I'm open to any other generic transfer/life advice you witty folks have for me.

Thanks anonymous internet friends!

a11 1n

Re: Help me land Harvard or Stanford! Need help!!

Postby a11 1n » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:31 pm

Best way to distinguish yourself is to move from #2 to #1. Grades are very important when transferring.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:10 pm

a11 1n wrote:Best way to distinguish yourself is to move from #2 to #1. Grades are very important when transferring.

There was a poster a few years ago who got into Stanford partly because they became close with a prof who went there and the prof wrote them a personalized recommendation and went to bat for them.

That and be #1.

lisavj

Postby lisavj » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:47 am

PM me

Return to “Transfers”