GWU EA/RD Transfer Waiting Thread 2013

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
blackjack13

Re: GWU EA xfer 2013 Waiting Thread

Postby blackjack13 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:50 am

TTRansfer wrote:
blackjack13 wrote:so i applied to gwu but not EA, but still early on march 15, do you think it is possible i get a decision around the same time as EA? or probably closer to the may date? just curious.

also applied to georgetown and got that deferral email, any idea if they flatout rejected anyone or did all who apply and didn't get accepted get a deferral? feel like if it is the latter, that's much worse.

this waiting game is awful!

If you didn't apply EA, they will want your second semester grades before you get a decision.

Yeah, I am a little different in that I finished my first year and then took a leave of absence from law school to pursue a full-time job I couldn't turn down so they already have my second semester grades. :)

I think I am just dying to hear from schools, I wish they'd have a quicker turnaround, the waiting is agonizing!

TTRansfer

Postby TTRansfer » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:20 pm

blackjack13 wrote:
TTRansfer wrote:
blackjack13 wrote:so i applied to gwu but not EA, but still early on march 15, do you think it is possible i get a decision around the same time as EA? or probably closer to the may date? just curious.

also applied to georgetown and got that deferral email, any idea if they flatout rejected anyone or did all who apply and didn't get accepted get a deferral? feel like if it is the latter, that's much worse.

this waiting game is awful!

If you didn't apply EA, they will want your second semester grades before you get a decision.

Yeah, I am a little different in that I finished my first year and then took a leave of absence from law school to pursue a full-time job I couldn't turn down so they already have my second semester grades. :)

I think I am just dying to hear from schools, I wish they'd have a quicker turnaround, the waiting is agonizing!

What was your reasoning for not applying EA, then? Just curious.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:24 pm

TTRansfer, did adcomms say "early may" for your xfer group? If so, did they send them before that? Do you think there is any chance EA decisions will be sent this week?

blackjack13

Postby blackjack13 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:52 pm

TTRansfer, I didn't apply for March 1st to GW because it took a while to get my 6 recommenders letters all submitted and ready to rock. It is a lot of coordinating. Also my first choice is Georgetown and there deadline is March 15th so I figured submitting GW then was good enough. Fingers crossed!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:49 pm

The waiting is killing me!!! Haha... Need. To. Find. Out. Nao.

OSUDEVIL

Postby OSUDEVIL » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:The waiting is killing me!!! Haha... Need. To. Find. Out. Nao.

This!

TTRansfer

Postby TTRansfer » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:24 pm

blackjack13 wrote:TTRansfer, I didn't apply for March 1st to GW because it took a while to get my 6 recommenders letters all submitted and ready to rock. It is a lot of coordinating. Also my first choice is Georgetown and there deadline is March 15th so I figured submitting GW then was good enough. Fingers crossed!

Six letters of recommendation?

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:57 pm

blackjack13 wrote:TTRansfer, I didn't apply for March 1st to GW because it took a while to get my 6 recommenders letters all submitted and ready to rock. It is a lot of coordinating. Also my first choice is Georgetown and there deadline is March 15th so I figured submitting GW then was good enough. Fingers crossed!

I think they only said early April. It was pretty quick turnaround, Georgetown last year was the hold-out; I'd already gotten into WUSTL & GW before hearing from GULC. I guess that they're just moving super slow this year; tbf they did cut the entering class by like 20% this year.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:21 pm

crossarmant wrote:I think they only said early April. It was pretty quick turnaround, Georgetown last year was the hold-out; I'd already gotten into WUSTL & GW before hearing from GULC. I guess that they're just moving super slow this year; tbf they did cut the entering class by like 20% this year.

Yeah, last year it was like Apr. 2d...I wonder if reduced class size by 20% means they will be taking more transfers? Every email I get is excruciating to check! Haha

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:55 am

Radio silence :? ..... and still sitting @ 3/1 application complete

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:40 am

Should I send LoCI today making it clear that I want to be at GW and that I will be bidding for the PLIP OCI? I have sent previous email 3 weeks ago but am not sure if a 2d email reiterating my interest is necessary.

TTRansfer

Postby TTRansfer » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:10 pm

Surprised you guys haven't heard anything.

OSUDEVIL

Postby OSUDEVIL » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:29 am

It has just been dead silence, no activity on the status checker or anything...hopefully soon

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:10 pm

OSUDEVIL wrote:It has just been dead silence, no activity on the status checker or anything...hopefully soon

Yep... Silent :?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:19 pm

to my fellow waiters ITT, all three of you ... i really hope this is our week ... come on GW show me that acceptance :D
any of y'all apply to other schools?

ttho520

Postby ttho520 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:02 am

Was told that a decision letter will be sent/received by the end of this week.

Keeping all of my fingers crossed.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:23 am

ttho520 wrote:Status: "decision made"

Nice! Mine still says app complete. 3/1
GL!!! What r ur #'s?

Edit: where in the alphabet is your last name?

ttho520

Postby ttho520 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:53 am

Anonymous User wrote:

Nice! Mine still says app complete. 3/1
GL!!! What r ur #'s?

Edit: where in the alphabet is your last name?

Applying to the PT division. GPA > 3.0. Works in an IP firm in DC with extensive technical background. Last name starts with a letter between G-K.

Good luck with you all - can't tell whether it's a good/bad letter from the tone of the person that I spoke to in the Adms. office.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:19 am

ttho520 wrote:Applying to the PT division. GPA > 3.0. Works in an IP firm in DC with extensive technical background. Last name starts with a letter between G-K.

Good luck with you all - can't tell whether it's a good/bad letter from the tone of the person that I spoke to in the Adms. office.

Solid! Im FT so I am guessing they are doing PT first... hopefully there is good news for the both of us! :D
(still no change in my status checker though)

ttho520

Postby ttho520 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
ttho520 wrote:Applying to the PT division. GPA > 3.0. Works in an IP firm in DC with extensive technical background. Last name starts with a letter between G-K.

Solid! Im FT so I am guessing they are doing PT first... hopefully there is good news for the both of us! :D

Thank you and good luck! :P

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:23 pm

ttho520 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks...fingers xx! Can you let us know when/how they notify you?

ttho520

Postby ttho520 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
ttho520 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks...fingers xx! Can you let us know when/how they notify you?

Sure will do. Radio silence so far.

TTRansfer

Postby TTRansfer » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:02 pm

Wow, they are doing it COMPLETELY different this year.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:27 pm

TTRansfer wrote:

yeah, the wait is brutal... i hope that we find out next week! haha...
i really want to go to DC and a GW EA acceptance would totally be awesome as I have been deferred EA from GULC

OSUDEVIL

Postby OSUDEVIL » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
TTRansfer wrote:

yeah, the wait is brutal... i hope that we find out next week! haha...
i really want to go to DC and a GW EA acceptance would totally be awesome as I have been deferred EA from GULC

+1

Return to “Transfers”