Georgetown Transfer Waiting Thread 2013

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
boxie
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:06 am

Re: GULC EA xfer 2013 Thread --Please Wait To Be Seated

Postby boxie » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:17 am

Just was updated. Weird. Went 3/27 --> 4/2 (despite the fact that the update didn't show up until a few minutes ago).

Also, the 'Requirements List' section is now blank.
Last edited by boxie on Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

boxie
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:06 am

Re: GULC EA xfer 2013 Thread --Please Wait To Be Seated

Postby boxie » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:21 am

Actually, looks like they are currently in the process of updating. Because 'USA' was just added to the Country of Citizenship box.

devils3023
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:42 pm

Re: GULC EA xfer 2013 Thread --Please Wait To Be Seated

Postby devils3023 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:22 am

boxie wrote:Just was updated. Weird. Went 3/27 --> 4/2 (despite the fact that the update didn't show up until a few minutes ago).

Also, the 'Requirements List' section is now blank.


Same here...went from 3/27 --> 4/2 today and requirements is now blank

Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EA xfer 2013 Thread --Please Wait To Be Seated

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:27 am

Not for me... 3/28 -->4/2 still "Apt" no USA, still have requirements... Last name. A-E

ld15
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:10 pm

Re: GULC EA xfer 2013 Thread --Please Wait To Be Seated

Postby ld15 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:50 pm

Same. Updated *today* to 4/2/2013 ... Requirements is blank ... USA

Scoot Scoot
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:11 am

Re: GULC EA xfer 2013 Thread --Please Wait To Be Seated

Postby Scoot Scoot » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:38 pm

Totally speculating, but the 3/27 updaters have better stats and got the indicative USA or Apartment added, so could it be that the requirements list was removed because a decision (an acceptance) has been made? It makes sense to me for the requirement list to remain if you are deferred.

3/28 -> 4/2. No USA and still Apt. Last name: S-W
Last edited by Scoot Scoot on Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

echooo23
Posts: 265
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:29 pm

Re: GULC EA xfer 2013 Thread --Please Wait To Be Seated

Postby echooo23 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:56 pm

.
Last edited by echooo23 on Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EA xfer 2013 Thread --Please Wait To Be Seated

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Not for me... 3/28 -->4/2 still "Apt" no USA, still have requirements... Last name. A-E

I am the quoted anon and my requirements list just disappeared

Scoot Scoot
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:11 am

Re: GULC EA xfer 2013 Thread --Please Wait To Be Seated

Postby Scoot Scoot » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Not for me... 3/28 -->4/2 still "Apt" no USA, still have requirements... Last name. A-E

I am the quoted anon and my requirements list just disappeared

Same here. Officially have no idea what the hell is going on lol.

User avatar
OSUDEVIL
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:57 pm

Re: GULC EA xfer 2013 Thread --Please Wait To Be Seated

Postby OSUDEVIL » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:41 pm

Scoot Scoot wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Not for me... 3/28 -->4/2 still "Apt" no USA, still have requirements... Last name. A-E

I am the quoted anon and my requirements list just disappeared

Same here. Officially have no idea what the hell is going on lol.


Also same, a couple of hours ago, req. were listed, now they are gone.

Transfer2DC
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:22 pm

Re: GULC EA xfer 2013 Thread --Please Wait To Be Seated

Postby Transfer2DC » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:02 pm

For those who got a USA, have any of you gained access to the admitted students password generator?

boxie
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:06 am

Re: GULC EA xfer 2013 Thread --Please Wait To Be Seated

Postby boxie » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:03 pm

Transfer2DC wrote:For those who got a USA, have any of you gained access to the admitted students password generator?

Nope.

Transfer2DC
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:22 pm

Re: GULC EA xfer 2013 Thread --Please Wait To Be Seated

Postby Transfer2DC » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:06 pm

3/28- 4/2

No requirements list
NO USA
Apt changed to Aparment (actually misspelled on status checker hah)

Scoot Scoot
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:11 am

Re: GULC EA xfer 2013 Thread --Please Wait To Be Seated

Postby Scoot Scoot » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:08 pm

Boulevard and Apartment now spelled out but no USA (no req list either).

Transfer2DC
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:22 pm

Re: GULC EA xfer 2013 Thread --Please Wait To Be Seated

Postby Transfer2DC » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:12 pm

The typo was changed. AdComs, please let me in. I will pay double tuition.

boxie
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:06 am

Re: GULC EA xfer 2013 Thread --Please Wait To Be Seated

Postby boxie » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:14 pm

So at this point everyone is 4/2, everyone is spelled out, no one has requirements list, and the only difference is that some have USA and some don't? And the UN/PW backdoor works for no one.

Is GULC just screwing with us?

Transfer2DC
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:22 pm

Re: GULC EA xfer 2013 Thread --Please Wait To Be Seated

Postby Transfer2DC » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:16 pm

boxie wrote:So at this point everyone is 4/2, everyone is spelled out, no one has requirements list, and the only difference is that some have USA and some don't? And the UN/PW backdoor works for no one.

Is GULC just screwing with us?


Im assuming who ever is updating them has a system for making her database clean and neat, and the USA's acceptances have been mailed/going to be mailed today, and the non-USA-ers have been added to the deferred list where we will be in line to receive our e-mails.

Transfer2DC
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:22 pm

Re: GULC EA xfer 2013 Thread --Please Wait To Be Seated

Postby Transfer2DC » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:19 pm

Okay now I have a USA...

Im officially done checking status checkers.

Scoot Scoot
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:11 am

Re: GULC EA xfer 2013 Thread --Please Wait To Be Seated

Postby Scoot Scoot » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:21 pm

boxie wrote:Actually, looks like they are currently in the process of updating. Because 'USA' was just added to the Country of Citizenship box.

I actually misread this because I thought USA would have been in the address line. But I have the USA in the Country of Citizenship box.

Scoot Scoot
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:11 am

Re: GULC EA xfer 2013 Thread --Please Wait To Be Seated

Postby Scoot Scoot » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:21 pm

Transfer2DC wrote:Okay now I have a USA...

Im officially done checking status checkers.


HAHAHA I'm with ya.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: GULC EA xfer 2013 Thread --Please Wait To Be Seated

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:23 pm

boxie wrote:So at this point everyone is 4/2, everyone is spelled out, no one has requirements list, and the only difference is that some have USA and some don't? And the UN/PW backdoor works for no one.

Is GULC just screwing with us?

Same anon...

10th Street --> Tenth Street
Apt. --> Apartment
USA
No requirements
3/28--> 4/2

WTF is going on! Haha

Scoot Scoot
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:11 am

Re: GULC EA xfer 2013 Thread --Please Wait To Be Seated

Postby Scoot Scoot » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:25 pm

I think they decided to admit all 8 of us and called it a day.

Transfer2DC
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:22 pm

Re: GULC EA xfer 2013 Thread --Please Wait To Be Seated

Postby Transfer2DC » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:27 pm

Scoot Scoot wrote:I think they decided to admit all 8 of us and called it a day.


I would piss myself.

Next year applicants will read our thread and have no guidance.

boxie
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:06 am

Re: GULC EA xfer 2013 Thread --Please Wait To Be Seated

Postby boxie » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:30 pm

Transfer2DC wrote:Next year applicants will read our thread and have no guidance.
That's about as much help as last year's thread can give at this point. Wonder if they change their system each year intentionally.

Scoot Scoot
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:11 am

Re: GULC EA xfer 2013 Thread --Please Wait To Be Seated

Postby Scoot Scoot » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:34 pm

Transfer2DC wrote:
Scoot Scoot wrote:I think they decided to admit all 8 of us and called it a day.


I would piss myself.

Next year applicants will read our thread and have no guidance.

Yeah, especially since this years TLS pool seems so small. It just looks the AdComs are trying to make everything uniform and all indications from previous years don't apply. Unless, like I said (and hope), we are all admits. Lol.




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.