Georgetown Transfer Waiting Thread 2013 Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Georgetown Transfer Waiting Thread 2013

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:38 pm

UnfrozenCaveman wrote:
swimmer11 wrote:
biglaw99 wrote:No full OCI experience at GULC this late in the game.
why
Bids are due Wednesday.
yeah, the WL @ GULC is a flame unless you have jerb offer already...

crimedogmcgriff

New

Post by crimedogmcgriff » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:50 pm

anyone know anything about housing ... looking for a roommate ... etc.?

biglaw99

New

Post by biglaw99 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:18 pm

Anyone here think that we will hear from GULC before July 23rd, as he hinted at the possibility in the e-mail? Additionally, I wonder if everyone received that e-mail update or if it was just certain people on the WL.

q4ern

New

Post by q4ern » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:20 pm

i received it. Hoping to hear anyday

Scoot Scoot

New

Post by Scoot Scoot » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:21 pm

biglaw99 wrote:Anyone here think that we will hear from GULC before July 23rd, as he hinted at the possibility in the e-mail? Additionally, I wonder if everyone received that e-mail update or if it was just certain people on the WL.
I really doubt we here anything before July 23rd if they have a full class.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

biglaw99

New

Post by biglaw99 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:24 pm

Someone received an acceptance last Friday, so I wonder if the class is really full or they are deciding which WL candidates will receive the remaining few seats.

njfast07

New

Post by njfast07 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:31 am

Welp, the class ain't full anymore guys! Just withdrew my acceptance...best of luck to those of you waiting, and I hope one of you gets the seat!

biglaw99

New

Post by biglaw99 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:29 am

njfast07 wrote:Welp, the class ain't full anymore guys! Just withdrew my acceptance...best of luck to those of you waiting, and I hope one of you gets the seat!
Thank you! I wish you the best of luck.

biglaw99

New

Post by biglaw99 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:24 am

Two deposit deadlines have passed 7/15 and 7/18. Everyone on the WL was told that there would be an update "by" July 23rd. I'd say there is a very strong chance by the end of today we hear some news.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

paintbynumbers

New

Post by paintbynumbers » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:42 pm

What if you're accepted off the wait list and you have already deposited elsewhere? Can you still attend gt?

jmls1987

Bronze

Post by jmls1987 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:48 pm

paintbynumbers wrote:What if you're accepted off the wait list and you have already deposited elsewhere? Can you still attend gt?
Yes. Most deposits are non-binding. Are you the first to get off the wait list ??

PinkRevolver

New

Post by PinkRevolver » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:25 pm

jmls1987 wrote:
swimmer11 wrote:If we have not received any decision yet, is it safe to say that we are either dinged or waitlisted?
Considering they have already given out many acceptances, you are likely wait listed. Any news from anyone ?? How long did you guys wait to send in a LOCI ?

I still haven't received any decision from them either as to whether I am in, dinged, or wait listed. I got into GW and I'm waitlisted at another T14.....what does all this mean!!??? Should I give up on Georgetown?

Jimbola

Bronze

Post by Jimbola » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:34 pm

Any waitlisters get an email saying they are in a small group that the committee is looking over? Think this is good news?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:39 pm

Jimbola wrote:Any waitlisters get an email saying they are in a small group that the committee is looking over? Think this is good news?
what does the email say? when did they send it?

jmls1987

Bronze

Post by jmls1987 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:14 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Jimbola wrote:Any waitlisters get an email saying they are in a small group that the committee is looking over? Think this is good news?
Sent Friday to wait listers that will be the first batch to get off the list if spots open up.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:22 am

jmls1987 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Sent Friday to wait listers that will be the first batch to get off the list if spots open up.
Ahhh... So are any of y'all first-batch WLers gonna go to Georgetown if you get accepted? I thought EIW bidding deadline was July 17th... Did the email state that you could still do interview week or something?

I thought the WL meant we were dead in the water considering EIW bidding deadline had passed...

buttes

Bronze

Post by buttes » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:40 am

Not a transfer, so don't know specifically about any later EIW bidding deadline for transfers, but you can add ~10 interviews (2 a day) in the open sign up period from Aug 5-10. Add in last minute sign ups (for spots still empty when interviews begin) and shadow scheduling (going to receptions and handing in resume + e-mailing/networking stuff), and it wouldn't be impossible to end up with more than a dozen interviews without going through the lottery. Granted, those interviews would mostly be for slots that other people dropped out of because they didn't want to be in Delaware or something, so it's definitely a big disadvantage.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

biglaw99

New

Post by biglaw99 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:48 am

I believe that means you are on the preferred WL and you will be one of those people at the top of the pile. Unfortunately for me, I only received the general update e-mail from Andy. Good luck to you!

Jimbola

Bronze

Post by Jimbola » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:39 am

biglaw99 wrote:
I believe that means you are on the preferred WL and you will be one of those people at the top of the pile. Unfortunately for me, I only received the general update e-mail from Andy. Good luck to you!
Yeah it was sent July 19th saying that I'm being looked at in a small group etc. and that if spots open up it will go to someone in that small group. They said their deposits are very strong right now, but that spots may still open up etc.

Does anyone think Georgetown is still worth it even without the best EIW stuff? I think it is!

biglaw99

New

Post by biglaw99 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:43 am

What are your options? If you have any connections in different markets, maybe it wouldn't be the best option. Go with what you feel is right and please let us know if you hear back today. Andy's FAQ stated there was no ranked waitlist, but that does not mean there aren't two separate lists. I guess we will wait and see how this pans out. Best of luck!
Jimbola wrote:
biglaw99 wrote:
Yeah it was sent July 19th saying that I'm being looked at in a small group etc. and that if spots open up it will go to someone in that small group. They said their deposits are very strong right now, but that spots may still open up etc.

Does anyone think Georgetown is still worth it even without the best EIW stuff? I think it is!

biglaw99

New

Post by biglaw99 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:07 pm

Tomorrow is the day we get an update. Do you guys think it will be rejections and acceptances, or just another e-mail like we received?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

paintbynumbers

New

Post by paintbynumbers » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:19 pm

email

jmls1987

Bronze

Post by jmls1987 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:52 pm

Just got the preferred waitlist email....did anyone else????

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:04 pm

jmls1987 wrote:Just got the preferred waitlist email....did anyone else????
nope... can you post it? i am curious as to what it says?

jmls1987

Bronze

Post by jmls1987 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
jmls1987 wrote:Just got the preferred waitlist email....did anyone else????
nope... can you post it? i am curious as to what it says?
It said...

Hello from Georgetown. I'm writing to you today to give you an
update on the transfer admission process at Georgetown. You are in
a small group that the Committee is currently looking at for possible
spaces in the entering transfer class.

Although as of today our already admitted transfer student deposits
are quite strong, it is always possible that we may extend a few
spaces in the class in the coming days. At this stage, the Committee
is particularly interested in applicants who truly want to be at
Georgetown. We understand that circumstances may change over time.
While we are not asking you to commit, it would be extremely helpful
to know what you are thinking at this point and the likelihood of
enrolling if admitted.

Please respond to Angela Tingler at ............ as soon as possible to let us know your level of interest. On our end, we
will try to keep you as up to date as possible.

We look forward to hearing back from you and we thank you again for
your continued interest in Georgetown.

Best,

Andy

Andrew Cornblatt
Dean of Admissions
Georgetown University Law Center

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”