any reason to do journal tryouts?

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Re: any reason to do journal tryouts?

Postby SiRR » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:15 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:AFAIK about the memo/brief, some places make you write a casenote about one Supreme Court case, some places give you a huge stack of material to write something from (my school gave us 800 pp), I've even heard of a school requiring an objective memo (which is weird. That might actually be Hastings...). Some schools give you 72 hours to write the thing, some give you 3 weeks. It's not going to hurt you to do 2, but I don't think it will give you much of a leg up on the second to have done one already.

Wow, I had no idea it could be so all over the board. Thank you very much for the info.

Return to “Transfers”