HYS -> HYS?

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

HYS -> HYS?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:54 am

For personal reasons, I'm thinking of transferring from HYS -> different HYS. I was wondering if anyone has any estimates as to what percentile of the class I would have to be in? Thanks!

LazinessPerSe

Re: HYS -> HYS?

Postby LazinessPerSe » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:06 am

o.O

Need more information. What are you currently ranked?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:57 pm

LazinessPerSe wrote:o.O

Top ~30% currently

patrickd139

Postby patrickd139 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Top ~30% currently

That's almost certainly sufficient to transfer among lower-ranked peer schools. I have absolutely no idea how it would work in the YHS context, though.

Have you tried calling the admissions office of the school you're looking to transfer to?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:47 pm

patrickd139 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Top ~30% currently

That's almost certainly sufficient to transfer among lower-ranked peer schools. I have absolutely no idea how it would work in the YHS context, though.

Have you tried calling the admissions office of the school you're looking to transfer to?

I'm not too familiar with the transfer process. Do you think calling them and informing them of my situation would help?

Return to “Transfers”