Good soft?

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Good soft?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:52 am

Ran for public office (think House of Representatives) in my home country; obviously did not win. Is this a good soft? I recognize that by TLS standards, nothing is except Olympic medals, medal of honor, former politician, etc.

Dany

Re: Good soft?

Postby Dany » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:58 am

No? You lost...

ManOfTheMinute

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:09 am

Dany wrote:No? You lost...

+1... I mean, it shows that you have an interest in public policy, but so would joining the debate club. But really, it shows you're an up and starter or whatever, so its not bad by any means, but no rhodes scholar

John_rizzy_rawls

Postby John_rizzy_rawls » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:19 am

ManOfTheMinute wrote:
Dany wrote:No? You lost...

+1... I mean, it shows that you have an interest in public policy, but so would joining the debate club. But really, it shows you're an up and starter or whatever, so its not bad by any means, but no rhodes scholar

Also depends on how you fared. Being a candidate doesn't mean anything at all. Losing to a popular incumbent who outspent you 5:1 by 100 votes by mobilizing a youth and social media driven grassroots campaign or whatever - that's hella impressive.

Example, I won a small local election by a very slim margin. I beat the hand-picked guy of a well-known U.S. Congressman and 7 other older more accomplished candidates who slandered the crap out of me for being young. Whether I won or lost that election, I would talk about and be damn proud of it.

So it depends. The Rhodes/Olympian stuff on this website is overblown (says the 0L lol). If a soft is above average, you know it. But chances are it's not, hence the concept of above average.

Return to “Transfers”