Curious---Columbia/NYU/Harvard Transfer... Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
psach44

Bronze

Curious---Columbia/NYU/Harvard Transfer...

Post by psach44 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:59 pm

If I ran straight A's (some A-'s) from Cardozo, what would be my chances?

When should I apply? When should I begin getting my app together?

stillwater

Gold

Re: Curious---Columbia/NYU/Harvard Transfer...

Post by stillwater » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:13 am

from bozo, youre dead in the water

psach44

Bronze

Post by psach44 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:14 am

Is this true???

InnocuousDiatribe

Bronze

Post by InnocuousDiatribe » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:01 am

psach44 wrote:Is this true???
No. You have a shot at Top 5% of your class. For H, more realistically Top 1% (as well as perfect softs, recs, etc.)

psach44

Bronze

Post by psach44 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:13 pm

thanks for the insight man.

when do i need to get the app together or should my focus be much more right now on the 2nd semester?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

shock259

Gold

Post by shock259 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:17 am

Stay focused on the semester. The only thing you might want to do is think about what professors you'll ask for LORs.

InnocuousDiatribe

Bronze

Post by InnocuousDiatribe » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:37 pm

shock259 wrote:Stay focused on the semester. The only thing you might want to do is think about what professors you'll ask for LORs.
Agreed. Ask for recs in March or April. I started getting my application together around Spring Break, i.e., filled out the applications, polished my writing sample, updated my resume, etc. All the other stuff you do as soon as your second semester grades come out (which is the week I sent everything out). Your success is obviously contingent on your second semester performance, so study hard.

psach44

Bronze

Post by psach44 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:56 am

Shock/Innocuous,

Much appreciate the words of advise. I will be in touch with you guys as the semester winds down. Thanks again.

trbrny

Bronze

Post by trbrny » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:01 am

You're chances are good for a top tier school. I had similar grades at a lower ranked school than Cardozo and transferred to a T5 school.

I would start thinking about letters of rec, where you want to apply, and getting your college/undergrad transcripts together.

Two pieces of advice - first, ask about the letters of rec early, I went about it by asking for advice from my professor about whether or not I should transfer, once I'd had a couple of conversations about it, I asked her if she would write a letter from me. If I'm not mistaken, you can send those docs in pretty early. Second, think about your resume, and ways that you may boost it this summer. An admissions counselor in my school mentioned to me that they strongly consider resume when accepting transfers because they want to make sure to only accept people who will get hired.

Best of luck to you.

psach44

Bronze

Post by psach44 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:52 pm

Thank you!!!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”