Transferring out of Baylor spring start

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
ashawnt

Transferring out of Baylor spring start

Postby ashawnt » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:16 pm

I have just recently been accepted to the spring start program at Baylor law school and I was curious if it was possible to transfer out if u start in the spring. Does anyone have any experience or insight on this?

Nova

Re: Transferring out of Baylor spring start

Postby Nova » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:19 pm

sort of relevant: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=199263

patrickd139

Postby patrickd139 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:21 pm

More relevant

Sparknotes: Don't post hypothetical transfer threads as a 0L in the Transfer Forum.

ashawnt

Postby ashawnt » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:24 pm

Thanks for the link nova but I have already checked out that thread and it did not help me out much. Particularly because Baylor is on the quarter system so I'm not sure how it works with transferring....my first plan is to retake the LSAT in June and have baylor spring start as a back up just in case It doesn't go as planned. I just want to make sure I have the option of transferring with spring start. Also does anyone know of spring start is generally less competitive than fall? I only say this because I was wait listed for fall and accepted for spring

patrickd139

Postby patrickd139 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:38 pm

ashawnt wrote:Thanks for the link nova but I have already checked out that thread and it did not help me out much. Particularly because Baylor is on the quarter system so I'm not sure how it works with transferring....my first plan is to retake the LSAT in June and have baylor spring start as a back up just in case It doesn't go as planned. I just want to make sure I have the option of transferring with spring start. Also does anyone know of spring start is generally less competitive than fall? I only say this because I was wait listed for fall and accepted for spring

I don't think you actually read the link I posted, so I'll spell it out more clearly:

DON'T POST THREADS IN THE TRANSFER FORUM IF YOU'RE NOT ACTUALLY A 1L WITH GRADES.

DO NOT GO TO A SCHOOL PLANNING TO TRANSFER.

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:45 pm

patrickd139 wrote:DON'T POST THREADS IN THE TRANSFER FORUM IF YOU'RE NOT ACTUALLY A 1L WITH GRADES.

DO NOT GO TO A SCHOOL PLANNING TO TRANSFER.

This.

This is stupid. Stupid even by TLS standards and there is a ton of stupid shit here. Don't go if you plan to transfer.

Return to “Transfers”