WL = Soft for Transfer Following Year? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
holmesboy

New

WL = Soft for Transfer Following Year?

Post by holmesboy » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:02 pm

If you are waitlisted at a school as a 0L, will it help you in the transfer process as a 1L?

I realize that transferring is still largely a numbers game and that GPA is the most important factor. But if you're on the margins, could a previous WL work in your favor?

splittermcsplit88

Bronze

Re: WL = Soft for Transfer Following Year?

Post by splittermcsplit88 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:08 pm

No.

holmesboy

New

Post by holmesboy » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:24 pm

Even for situations like this?
Sav wrote:I was on the WL at SLS until Sept 5, 2012. First ever application in 2011-2012 cycle, not transfer app. Then Dean Deal sent me a very nice letter saying no one withdrew this year, so she could not offer me admission. I am presently a 1L at Cal, and intend to submit a transfer app to SLS next year to become a 2L in Fall 2013. Would anyone have any advice on what I should start doing or putting together now? I understand first year grades are the most important thing, so I am taking them seriously.

However, is there anything else that would help, such as sending in a LOCI letting the admissions office know how I am doing at Cal? I did already visit SLS once in June 2012 when I was on the WL. Maybe I should visit again? It is my first choice.

A lot of SLS profs were very friendly to me this year in Spring 2012 when I was applying and talking to them, so I think I'll try and keep in touch with them as much as I can.
I am also working on a journal at Cal now (my 1L year).

Anything else I should start doing before it gets too late?

stillwater

Gold

Post by stillwater » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:59 pm

nah bro.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”