Transfer question

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:51 pm

Transfer question

Postby ineptimusprime » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:35 pm

I'm currently at a Midwest T2 and just finished in the top 20% (top 18% to be exact) my first semester. I'd like to work out west (Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, or Idaho) when I graduate, but wouldn't be opposed to staying in the region I'm currently in either.

I really like my current school, but my scholarship will drop off after this year and I'll be paying substantially more than I paid for school this year. I'd like to transfer to either Utah or BYU or some other school in the region (wouldn't be opposed to paying more for a higher ranked school if it improved my job prospects), or somehow convince the school I'm at to increase or at least maintain the scholarship I have now.

This is mostly a financial move for me, but again, I wouldn't be opposed to paying more for substantially improved job prospects.

How would you guys attack the situation? Should I ask for money from my school before submitting transfer apps? Submit apps and wait and see before trying to negotiate with my school? Should I apply to any other western schools besides Utah or BYU (I've targeted these two because of a high probability of getting residency/paying LDS price)?


Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:01 pm

Re: Transfer question

Postby nleefer » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:47 pm

Apply to transfer then, when you have acceptances to better schools, negotiate to retain or increase your scholarship. Before you apply to transfer you have no leverage.

Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.