Transfer from Loyola Chicago to WUSTL Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
acovert1

New

Transfer from Loyola Chicago to WUSTL

Post by acovert1 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:42 pm

I have to make a quick decision on whether to transfer to WUSTL or not. I am currently at Loyola Chicago. I'm not in the top 15%, however, I am on a Journal and a Mock Trial team. WUSTL would cost about an extra $40K due to lost scholarships from Loyola and higher tuition at WUSTL. I am not particular on where on want to practice, however, I would like to be where I can get the most bang for the buck meaning make the most money with a lower cost of living. I'm not sure if the money lost would be worth the transfer. I need help in making this decision! I would like to be at the Big Law firms, however, a medium sized firm will do seeing as I'm not in the top 5% at Loyola. Thanks for any advice!

bk1

Diamond

Re: Transfer from Loyola Chicago to WUSTL

Post by bk1 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:44 pm

Are you PT or something? I'm fairly sure all transfer deadlines have passed.

acovert1

New

Post by acovert1 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:08 pm

No I'm full-time, I just now found out.

hichvichwoh

Bronze

Post by hichvichwoh » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:59 pm

acovert1 wrote:No I'm full-time, I just now found out.
They just now told you, or they told you a while ago and you're only finding out now?

acovert1

New

Post by acovert1 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:13 pm

They just now told me.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:34 pm

acovert1 wrote:No I'm full-time, I just now found out.
Oh my mistake. I misread your post and didn't realize you had just been admitted.

I don't really know much about transfers so I have no clue whether it would be worth it.

jbiresq

Bronze

Post by jbiresq » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:11 pm

acovert1 wrote:I have to make a quick decision on whether to transfer to WUSTL or not. I am currently at Loyola Chicago. I'm not in the top 15%, however, I am on a Journal and a Mock Trial team. WUSTL would cost about an extra $40K due to lost scholarships from Loyola and higher tuition at WUSTL. I am not particular on where on want to practice, however, I would like to be where I can get the most bang for the buck meaning make the most money with a lower cost of living. I'm not sure if the money lost would be worth the transfer. I need help in making this decision! I would like to be at the Big Law firms, however, a medium sized firm will do seeing as I'm not in the top 5% at Loyola. Thanks for any advice!
If by mock trial you mean Corboy I would stay. WUSTL is a school that underperforms its rank and OCI for transfers (which I'm pretty sure is a non-option anyway) is not good.

acovert1

New

Post by acovert1 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:25 pm

I am on the ABA Employment law team, however, I have to opportunity to tryout for the Corboy team next year and chances are good. I'm more concerned with job prospects, so if they are bad for transfers then I will stay where I am at. Thanks for the tip though!

jbiresq

Bronze

Post by jbiresq » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:06 am

acovert1 wrote:I am on the ABA Employment law team, however, I have to opportunity to tryout for the Corboy team next year and chances are good. I'm more concerned with job prospects, so if they are bad for transfers then I will stay where I am at. Thanks for the tip though!
I forgot there were other teams but Corboy is the one that seems to yield a lot of good opportunities. In any case I would stay. Wash U has never been a great bet for transfers and I'm not sure the name carries much weight outside of St Louis. Loyola's prospects these days are not good but mock trial should help. Good Luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Captain Pellew

New

Post by Captain Pellew » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:40 am

I think you should transfer.. That's a pretty big move up.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:18 am

Stay.

bigvinny

New

Post by bigvinny » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:53 am

I also think you should transfer.

buddingjd

New

Post by buddingjd » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:56 pm

Captain Pellew wrote:I think you should transfer.. That's a pretty big move up.
"Moving up" just for the sake of "moving up" is not always an objectively good idea. OP should probably stay at the 1L school.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Captain Pellew

New

Post by Captain Pellew » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:17 pm

buddingjd wrote:
Captain Pellew wrote:I think you should transfer.. That's a pretty big move up.
"Moving up" just for the sake of "moving up" is not always an objectively good idea. OP should probably stay at the 1L school.
No way he is doing he is doing well enough at his school to get a job.

Reprisal

Bronze

Post by Reprisal » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:53 am

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”