E-mailing Director of Admissions...

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
r1r20

E-mailing Director of Admissions...

Postby r1r20 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:10 pm

I am still waiting to hear back from one school, which is my first choice. I e-mailed the admissions office this past week and they said my file is in the last stages of review and should receive a decision shortly.

Would it be a bad idea to send an e-mail to the director of admissions to say I'm extremely interested in attending and that it is my first choice or just wait and see what happens ( pretty sure it's going to be a rejection).

minnbills

Re: E-mailing Director of Admissions...

Postby minnbills » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:13 pm

r1r20 wrote:I am still waiting to hear back from one school, which is my first choice. I e-mailed the admissions office this past week and they said my file is in the last stages of review and should receive a decision shortly.

Would it be a bad idea to send an e-mail to the director of admissions to say I'm extremely interested in attending and that it is my first
choice or just wait and see what happens ( pretty sure it's going to be a rejection).

Well if they haven't rejected you yet it basically means they're waiting to see how many people are actually going to matriculate.

It can't hurt to email, but if they've waited this long (assuming you didn't just apply) they obviously like you enough to admit.

r1r20

Postby r1r20 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:21 pm

I applied late June, so it's been over a month. Just didn't know if I would come off as annoying since I e-mailed the admissions office this past week, but after I realized that I probably should have e-mailed her to begin with.

justright157

Postby justright157 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:59 am

Which school?

lisavj

Postby lisavj » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:10 am

I'd do it. Shows initiative and interest.

scrowell

Postby scrowell » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:14 am

I actually called the director of admissions at one school. They were taking forever to send my decision, and I needed to plan ahead. She told me my decision over the phone. I think most admissions people understand that transfer decisions are kind of "down to the wire", so they're willing to speed things up if you ask.

Return to “Transfers”