Help! Pepperdine or LLS? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
SmileMore

New

Help! Pepperdine or LLS?

Post by SmileMore » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:58 pm

I need to make a decision and I have read some previous threads but most are outdated.

I see good and bad with both schools but want to made a decision in a day or two. No money from either school. I'm going to live in West LA so commute will be rough to both schools (more for Pepperdine I think). I'm originally from LA and want to practice in LA - not sure what - litigation or get into corporate law...not sure yet...

I keep weighing it in my head and went to both schools but can't decide. I heard Loyola may have better OCI but Pepperdine allows transfers to qualify for scholarships after first semester unlike Loyola where you have to wait a year.

Please please help! I want to make a decision so I can get an apartment and books and get ready for the school year!

justright157

Bronze

Re: Help! Pepperdine or LLS?

Post by justright157 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:25 pm

When did you get accepted to both? Everyone on here says that due to the sheer number of graduates Loyola would be the better choice...Loyolas rise in the ranks has been great. But Pepperdine's campus is like looking at heaven, and Pepperdine gets mad respect in LA too. Im from LA too and hoping to go back

SmileMore

New

Post by SmileMore » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:35 pm

i was first accepted to pepperdine about 1 week ago and loyola just on friday.

that's my thing...Loyola seems to have a better reputation NOW and Pepperdine will likely get to that level in a few years. Employers aren't going to look at the ranking to see that pepperdine is a spot or two higher than loyola...

pepperdine is beautiful and i feel i may benefit from smaller student body.

not sure....

justright157

Bronze

Post by justright157 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:44 pm

im jealous. i'd be happy with either one. maybe you should go visit. The biggest weakness of Loyola is its campus. Its sooooo shitty and cheap looking. I remember when i visited when i was applying as a 1L, and remember thinking, Im gonna pay 40K a year for this? cheezy plastic chairs and horribly old rooms. I never understood why they never put money into the campus. Pepperdine on the other hand was the most beautiful campus i had ever seen. Looking onto the beach everyday...that could never get old. I do think that the environment at Pepp is more conducive to a better law school experience overall.

When do you have to decide by? Can i ask what the deposits are for each?

SmileMore

New

Post by SmileMore » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:32 pm

I believe deposit is $600 and I need to decide by Aug. 6 but I will make a decision within a day or two bc the waiting and thinking is stressing me out!

yea it's just a tough decision...not only am i thinking about long term job but everyday top-law-schools.com - commuting, professor interaction, student dynamic, classes, scheduling....

chasgoose

Silver

Post by chasgoose » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:45 pm

Commuting from west la to pepperdine will get real old real fast... If there is ever an issue on the PCH you are screwed

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”