A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Chicago v. NU v. Michigan?

University of Chicago
Total votes: 25

Postby transferbound » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:58 am

Last edited by transferbound on Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: NU v. Mich v. U of C

Postby gardners2 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:10 am

Go to Chicago. Its really not even a question.

Postby tjb24 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:43 am

I'm deciding between the same 3 schools right now too... I think I'm leaning towards Chicago, I personally feel like after HYS, if you get into a CCN school you almost have to go, am I wrong?

Postby quiver » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:12 am

transferbound wrote:I love Chicago, and would like to either work there or in Michigan
transferbound wrote:Would obviously like the best employment options possible
These both point to Chicago. Your only countervailing factor is:
transferbound wrote:I'm a little intimidated by Chicago's reputation
Are you intimidated enough to not go for the best school in your desired city? NW and Mich are certainly not a bad decisions at all but, generally, Chicago is TCR when shooting for the Chicago market.

Postby CanadianWolf » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:42 am

Based on employment/placement statistics, your choice should be narrowed down to Northwestern & Chicago. NU has one of the best locations in the country, while the neighborhood around U of C isn't the best. Chicago is a much smaller law school in terms of number of students.
If you have any thoughts of a federal clerkship or academia, then Chicago is the best choice among the three law schools.

Postby Ozymandias » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:18 am

Choosing based on location within the same city and not based on employment prospects is kind of ridiculous. If you don't like Hyde Park, live downtown. Lots of 2Ls and 3Ls at UChicago do that.

Postby keg411 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:21 am

In terms of employment, Chicago transfers > Michigan transfers > NU transfers
Definitely go to Chicago.

Postby rayiner » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:40 am

Where are you transferring from?

Postby IAFG » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:42 am

I am sorry that you'll have to make a daily trip to Hyde Park, but you have to go to UChi. You can still live in River North if you so desire.

Return to “Transfers”