USC Housing Advice? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
thebauss

New

USC Housing Advice?

Post by thebauss » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:05 pm

I'm planning on transferring, anyone have any advice on any nice apartment buildings? Downtown? Koreatown?

justright157

Bronze

Re: USC Housing Advice?

Post by justright157 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:08 pm

did you get an acceptance?

im from LA, and used to work for USC and hoping to transfer too. I wouldn't recommend living around USC at all. that area is horrible...non stop violence. Koreatown is cheap but also a crime ridden area.

I would reccomend anything on the westside, culver city, Santa monica. Way more expensive but you will have less problems than you would at USC campus.

thebauss

New

Post by thebauss » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:01 pm

thelibear

New

Post by thelibear » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:53 am

I'm transferring to USC and just got a place. I got an apartment in Atwater Village, which is close to Los Feliz. It's pretty close to school (about a 25-30 minute commute). When I asked my USC friends where to live, people usually recommended Santa Monica, Los Feliz, Silverlake, Atwater, and the Wilshire area. I personally love Atwater Village -- it's perhaps a little hipster, but it feels very safe, my apartment community is gated, and I can see Griffith Park from my window.

Lasers

Gold

Post by Lasers » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:22 am

thelibear wrote:I'm transferring to USC and just got a place. I got an apartment in Atwater Village, which is close to Los Feliz. It's pretty close to school (about a 25-30 minute commute). When I asked my USC friends where to live, people usually recommended Santa Monica, Los Feliz, Silverlake, Atwater, and the Wilshire area. I personally love Atwater Village -- it's perhaps a little hipster, but it feels very safe, my apartment community is gated, and I can see Griffith Park from my window.
i looked around there; it looked nice and safe.

i also recommend culver city. they actually just opened up a culver city metro which stops right in front of the law building so that's convenient in case you don't want to always drive.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”