Fin Aid Question

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
SKlei

Fin Aid Question

Postby SKlei » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:26 pm

When updating your fin aid to the schools you applied to, do schools that receive your fin aid app. see all the other schools that you applied to? I know I'm being paranoid, but one of the schools I applied to I wrote on the app that I was only applying to one other school, but then decided after to apply to others, just don't want this to look bad.

mileslibertatis

Re: Fin Aid Question

Postby mileslibertatis » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:35 pm

Most of my schools this round didn't ask about other schools, but my approach to it the first time around was that it was really none of their business. I listed a few schools that were representative of my other applications, but I did not feel compelled to list all 9 (or however many) of them. Likewise here - if a school wants to call me on that, I would just explain that my decision process for applying to different schools took a long and winding road and that it was never at the top of my priorities list to make sure one school knew all of the other schools to which I applied.

Should I Transfer??

Re: Fin Aid Question

Postby Should I Transfer?? » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:35 pm

SKlei wrote:When updating your fin aid to the schools you applied to, do schools that receive your fin aid app. see all the other schools that you applied to? I know I'm being paranoid, but one of the schools I applied to I wrote on the app that I was only applying to one other school, but then decided after to apply to others, just don't want this to look bad.

I don't know the answer. But, even if they were able to see it, my guess is that they would never check. Also, you didn't technically lie if you decided to apply to the other schools later on.

Return to “Transfers”