A Note on the Constant Requests for People to Withdraw Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
pballer

Bronze

A Note on the Constant Requests for People to Withdraw

Post by pballer » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:46 pm

Stop it.

The people in this sub-forum generally are intelligent enough to understand that by declining an offer of acceptance they probably are creating a slot for someone else. You don't have to post in multiple threads asking people to withdraw; they get it. Those who have acceptances face a life-altering decision that may require some time and thought, and once they've reached a decision, I'm confident that they'll decline their outstanding acceptances. If they have pending applications to other schools that they'd rather attend, they will probably leave those applications pending, and reasonably so.

I haven't even been accepted to any of the schools that I applied to yet and I'm annoyed by these posts, so I can't imagine how irritating they are to people who are genuinely trying to make huge decisions.

<3

mileslibertatis

Silver

Re: A Note on the Constant Requests for People to Withdraw

Post by mileslibertatis » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:51 pm

I was going to find out who you were and make harassing but passive-aggressive phone calls to your family members, but you ended it with a <3 so I am deterred.

But I agree with you, even if this very message serves as a reminder.

Panama2014

New

Re: A Note on the Constant Requests for People to Withdraw

Post by Panama2014 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:36 pm

thank you for saying what we were all thinking.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”