How to Withdraw Acceptance Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
haranv

New

How to Withdraw Acceptance

Post by haranv » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:01 am

I have put a seat deposit at a school, and I was wondering what is the most polite way of going about withdrawing my acceptance to that school.

IsTheFatLadySinging

Bronze

Re: How to Withdraw Acceptance

Post by IsTheFatLadySinging » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:08 am

haranv wrote:I have put a seat deposit at a school, and I was wondering what is the most polite way of going about withdrawing my acceptance to that school.
When I was applying to law school the first time around, I found one of their rejection letters (that was sent to a friend of mine) and I inserted their name in every spot my friend's name was. Boom

lnllnl

Bronze

Post by lnllnl » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:28 am

IsTheFatLadySinging wrote:
haranv wrote:I have put a seat deposit at a school, and I was wondering what is the most polite way of going about withdrawing my acceptance to that school.
When I was applying to law school the first time around, I found one of their rejection letters (that was sent to a friend of mine) and I inserted their name in every spot my friend's name was. Boom
Dear SCHOOL,

I have reached a final decision on your acceptance of my admission into SCHOOL's College of Law. Unfortunately, I regret to inform you that I will not be accepting a position in your transfer cycle of 2012.

Due to the extremely competitive nature of my acceptances, many factors were taken into account during the evaluation process. In reaching my decision, I considered the objective measures provided by the employment numbers and tuition costs as well as the equally important elements of prestige and location. Although I would be successful if admitted, I can only fill a seat at one school.

I appreciate your interest in me and regret that my decision could not have been a favorable one.

Best regards,

<Me>

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:02 pm

Phone call to admissions followed up by e-mail or letter.

LazinessPerSe

Bronze

Post by LazinessPerSe » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:08 am

lnllnl wrote:
IsTheFatLadySinging wrote:
Dear SCHOOL,

I have reached a final decision on your acceptance of my admission into SCHOOL's College of Law. Unfortunately, I regret to inform you that I will not be accepting a position in your transfer cycle of 2012.

Due to the extremely competitive nature of my acceptances, many factors were taken into account during the evaluation process. In reaching my decision, I considered the objective measures provided by the employment numbers and tuition costs as well as the equally important elements of prestige and location. Although I would be successful if admitted, I can only fill a seat at one school.

I appreciate your interest in me and regret that my decision could not have been a favorable one.

Best regards,

<Me>
I see what you did there.

Lawst

Silver

Post by Lawst » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:37 am

Just a straightforward e-mail letting admissions know that you have decided to withdraw should be fine. Since they get to keep your deposit, I'm sure they will not mind at all.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”