Harvard 2012

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
baplntf
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:18 am

Re: Harvard 2012

Postby baplntf » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:27 pm

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think we'll see movement until next week.

baplntf
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:18 am

Re: Harvard 2012

Postby baplntf » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:29 pm

By the way, does anyone know the dates of the OCI lottery at HLS. I think I read in here that it starts on the 23rd. But when does it close?

KindleNexusfan
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: Harvard 2012

Postby KindleNexusfan » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:25 pm

.
Last edited by KindleNexusfan on Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

baplntf
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:18 am

Re: Harvard 2012

Postby baplntf » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:40 pm

Skyblaze wrote:Five O'clock in Cambridge and all is well.

mileslibertatis
Posts: 582
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:09 pm

Re: Harvard 2012

Postby mileslibertatis » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:47 pm

Hey I started that, I demand you quote-block me instead. I'll sue you.

Skyblaze
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:11 pm

Re: Harvard 2012

Postby Skyblaze » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:29 pm

Ya, quote Miles. All is not well, I got dinged, remember!

baplntf
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:18 am

Re: Harvard 2012

Postby baplntf » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:27 am

Sorry, didn't mean to rub it in.

Is it just me, or does anyone else have this song stuck in their head? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvfqc7Ih61Y

mileslibertatis
Posts: 582
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:09 pm

Re: Harvard 2012

Postby mileslibertatis » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:49 am

baplntf wrote:Sorry, didn't mean to rub it in.

Is it just me, or does anyone else have this song stuck in their head? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvfqc7Ih61Y

It's just you.

FlanSolo
Posts: 439
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:34 am

Re: Harvard 2012

Postby FlanSolo » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:52 am

This is what's been in my head for the past week or so:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyDb4szpWmc&t=3m45s

Skyblaze
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:11 pm

Re: Harvard 2012

Postby Skyblaze » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:25 pm

baplntf wrote:Sorry, didn't mean to rub it in.

Is it just me, or does anyone else have this song stuck in their head? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvfqc7Ih61Y


No worries, I'm just kidding. :D

baplntf
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:18 am

Re: Harvard 2012

Postby baplntf » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:36 pm

It's dead in this forum, not unlike my pending application...

FlanSolo
Posts: 439
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:34 am

Re: Harvard 2012

Postby FlanSolo » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:39 pm

baplntf wrote:It's dead in this forum, not unlike my pending application...


Yep. I've been too busy checking my spam folder for a ding from Y.

Slobberson
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:48 pm

Re: Harvard 2012

Postby Slobberson » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:39 pm

REJECTED







By a hot girl at the bar last night.

lockiller
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:28 am

Re: Harvard 2012

Postby lockiller » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:40 pm

Slobberson wrote:REJECTED







By a hot girl at the bar last night.


Hot? Hmm, any kind of H-bomb is hard to approach.

Slobberson
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:48 pm

Re: Harvard 2012

Postby Slobberson » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:44 pm

lockiller wrote:
Slobberson wrote:REJECTED







By a hot girl at the bar last night.


Hot? Hmm, any kind of H-bomb is hard to approach.


Nah. As to both of them, anyone can apply but few are admitted.

User avatar
TatteredDignity
Posts: 1520
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:06 am

Re: Harvard 2012

Postby TatteredDignity » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:03 pm

Someone in the Harvard regular admissions waitlist thread claims that he knows someone IRL who was accepted on Monday. I'm torn between despair and disbelief.

FlanSolo
Posts: 439
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:34 am

Re: Harvard 2012

Postby FlanSolo » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:03 pm

TatteredDignity wrote:Someone in the Harvard regular admissions waitlist thread claims that he knows someone IRL who was accepted on Monday. I'm torn between despair and disbelief.


Interesting. Still no dings though.

lockiller
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:28 am

Re: Harvard 2012

Postby lockiller » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:21 pm

Let's just really hope that H cares about rounding up the number. In fact, it seems that Y and S are both one-time deal.

User avatar
TatteredDignity
Posts: 1520
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:06 am

Re: Harvard 2012

Postby TatteredDignity » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:44 pm

So, did all the admits deposit, or what? Hopefully the deluge of rejects will begin tomorrow and end this pain.

mileslibertatis
Posts: 582
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:09 pm

Re: Harvard 2012

Postby mileslibertatis » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:53 pm

I am so confused about Harvard. Why haven't they rejected us?

User avatar
TatteredDignity
Posts: 1520
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:06 am

Re: Harvard 2012

Postby TatteredDignity » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:59 pm

Presumably because they're keeping us around in case not enough people accepted their offers.

I wonder if there is now an order established for who will be the first, second, etc. person let in if they need to fill more space. I bet there is. Those sickos.

User avatar
PinkCow
Posts: 786
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:03 am

Re: Harvard 2012

Postby PinkCow » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:27 am

TatteredDignity wrote:Presumably because they're keeping us around in case not enough people accepted their offers.

I wonder if there is now an order established for who will be the first, second, etc. person let in if they need to fill more space. I bet there is. Those sickos.


I waited until the deadline to send the deposit, so they won't have my status at least for another few days, so some of you might be on the hook for a while. :cry:

baplntf
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:18 am

Re: Harvard 2012

Postby baplntf » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:39 am

PinkCow wrote:
TatteredDignity wrote:Presumably because they're keeping us around in case not enough people accepted their offers.

I wonder if there is now an order established for who will be the first, second, etc. person let in if they need to fill more space. I bet there is. Those sickos.


I waited until the deadline to send the deposit, so they won't have my status at least for another few days, so some of you might be on the hook for a while. :cry:


Did H not ask that you give them a heads up by email that you're accepting and mailing in the deposit?

Slobberson
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:48 pm

Re: Harvard 2012

Postby Slobberson » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:18 am

PinkCow wrote:
TatteredDignity wrote:Presumably because they're keeping us around in case not enough people accepted their offers.

I wonder if there is now an order established for who will be the first, second, etc. person let in if they need to fill more space. I bet there is. Those sickos.


I waited until the deadline to send the deposit, so they won't have my status at least for another few days, so some of you might be on the hook for a while. :cry:


What were your stats?

User avatar
PinkCow
Posts: 786
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:03 am

Re: Harvard 2012

Postby PinkCow » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:19 am

Inside top 10% at T14. And no I didn't email them, but I sent my info with the check.




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.