Harvard 2012

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
User avatar
fatduck
Posts: 4186
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Harvard 2012

Postby fatduck » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:39 pm

FlanSolo wrote:
mileslibertatis wrote:Expecting a ding just to play the expectations game? Sounds like you have a better shot than many of us...


The problem is that virtually everyone in this thread seems to have a good shot, based on what I've seen. That's why I think people see no rhyme or reason to the order of the acceptances.

acceptances so far ITT: top 5% MVP, top 3% UCLA/UT/Vandy (x2), top 1% mid 60's (BLS probably?), plus anecdotally "some other T14 acceptances"


other than the T2 guy it looks like they're just working their way down the usnews rankings

mileslibertatis
Posts: 582
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:09 pm

Re: Harvard 2012

Postby mileslibertatis » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:42 pm

Then they skipped me at my 50s school, so on the Fat Duck theory I should cry in my cheerios starting now.

And I think the 60s school was USD ;)

nonprofit-prophet
Posts: 844
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:10 am

Re: Harvard 2012

Postby nonprofit-prophet » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:43 pm

fatduck wrote:
FlanSolo wrote:
mileslibertatis wrote:Expecting a ding just to play the expectations game? Sounds like you have a better shot than many of us...


The problem is that virtually everyone in this thread seems to have a good shot, based on what I've seen. That's why I think people see no rhyme or reason to the order of the acceptances.

acceptances so far ITT: top 5% MVP, top 3% UCLA/UT/Vandy (x2), top 1% mid 60's (BLS probably?), plus anecdotally "some other T14 acceptances"


other than the T2 guy it looks like they're just working their way down the usnews rankings


Crap, there have already been acceptances for UT students? I think I'm 2 or 3% at UT, but I applied late. I heard H doesn't like to take many students from the same school

User avatar
fatduck
Posts: 4186
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Harvard 2012

Postby fatduck » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:44 pm

mileslibertatis wrote:Then they skipped me at my 50s school, so on the Fat Duck theory I should cry in my cheerios starting now.

And I think the 60s school was USD ;)

nah i was saying the T2 admit was probably an outlier. i really doubt they've skipped over all the top 1% T20 people in this thread.

User avatar
fatduck
Posts: 4186
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Harvard 2012

Postby fatduck » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:45 pm

nonprofit-prophet wrote:
fatduck wrote:
FlanSolo wrote:
mileslibertatis wrote:Expecting a ding just to play the expectations game? Sounds like you have a better shot than many of us...


The problem is that virtually everyone in this thread seems to have a good shot, based on what I've seen. That's why I think people see no rhyme or reason to the order of the acceptances.

acceptances so far ITT: top 5% MVP, top 3% UCLA/UT/Vandy (x2), top 1% mid 60's (BLS probably?), plus anecdotally "some other T14 acceptances"


other than the T2 guy it looks like they're just working their way down the usnews rankings


Crap, there have already been acceptances for UT students? I think I'm 2 or 3% at UT, but I applied late. I heard H doesn't like to take many students from the same school

i was referring to the "top 3% at T14-16" guy. i don't know which school he attends. i guess it could be cornell.

pballer
Posts: 244
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:58 pm

Re: Harvard 2012

Postby pballer » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:05 pm

calls started going out at 2 EST on Friday, perhaps they'll begin again now that it's 2 EST on Monday? Fingers beyond crossed

FlanSolo
Posts: 439
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:34 am

Re: Harvard 2012

Postby FlanSolo » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:07 pm

I got an unexpected phone call yesterday from a 651 number, which nearly cost me my shorts. Of course, it is a 617 area code we're all looking for!

mileslibertatis
Posts: 582
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:09 pm

Re: Harvard 2012

Postby mileslibertatis » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:08 pm

Someone said they got called in the morning on Friday...

pballer
Posts: 244
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:58 pm

Re: Harvard 2012

Postby pballer » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:10 pm

mileslibertatis wrote:Someone said they got called in the morning on Friday...


I could be wrong then; just saw that people began reporting calls at 2

FlanSolo
Posts: 439
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:34 am

Re: Harvard 2012

Postby FlanSolo » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:12 pm

mileslibertatis wrote:Someone said they got called in the morning on Friday...


West Coast?

mileslibertatis
Posts: 582
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:09 pm

Re: Harvard 2012

Postby mileslibertatis » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:17 pm

I think you are right, actually. 2:17 EDT and my phone lies silent as my heart beats in sync tick tock with the defeaning hands of the clock.

FlanSolo
Posts: 439
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:34 am

Re: Harvard 2012

Postby FlanSolo » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:19 pm

mileslibertatis wrote:I think you are right, actually. 2:17 EDT and my phone lies silent as my heart beats in sync tick tock with the defeaning hands of the clock.


Maybe if I activate my screen more often, they'll call? That must be what I'm thinking.

Fiat Lex
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:12 pm

Re: Harvard 2012

Postby Fiat Lex » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:24 pm

.
Last edited by Fiat Lex on Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

grok123
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 8:08 pm

Re: Harvard 2012

Postby grok123 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:34 pm

Top 2.5% at CA T50.
3.33 UG GPA, 166 LSAT
Family is local but I didn't stress local ties

Submitted on 6/30 and went ready for review today. Also firmly expecting a ding.

User avatar
TatteredDignity
Posts: 1520
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:06 am

Re: Harvard 2012

Postby TatteredDignity » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:49 pm

FlanSolo wrote:
TatteredDignity wrote:Also, screw T14 kids applying to transfer to H. Either take a shot at Y or take your T14 top of the class trophy and go home.


Seriously. :wink:


I should clarify this comment. I was being facetious. Well done to T14 kids for beating up on T14 competition. Enjoy whatever spoils come your way.

mileslibertatis
Posts: 582
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:09 pm

Re: Harvard 2012

Postby mileslibertatis » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:44 pm

Silence...

tmtesterlaw
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:01 pm

Re: Harvard 2012

Postby tmtesterlaw » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:54 pm

Silence over here, too. No change in status. (Application Ready for Review as of 7/6). Are we assuming no calls are going out today?

User avatar
TatteredDignity
Posts: 1520
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:06 am

Re: Harvard 2012

Postby TatteredDignity » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:00 pm

This is annoying, because last year calls went out on Friday, and then Monday, and a little bit into Tuesday.

Humph.

mileslibertatis
Posts: 582
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:09 pm

Re: Harvard 2012

Postby mileslibertatis » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:01 pm

TatteredDignity wrote:This is annoying, because last year calls went out on Friday, and then Monday, and a little bit into Tuesday.

Humph.


They probably got to your app in the stack and have been agonizing over it all day. I bet they have formed prayer circles and slaughtered chickens to help them decide.

User avatar
>insert witty name<
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:32 pm

Re: Harvard 2012

Postby >insert witty name< » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:03 pm

mileslibertatis wrote:Someone said they got called in the morning on Friday...



Hey, just wanted to clarify on the timing of my call.... I said I got the call on Friday morning, but that was Hawaii time, so it would have been around 2pm East Coast. For what it's worth...

User avatar
TatteredDignity
Posts: 1520
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:06 am

Re: Harvard 2012

Postby TatteredDignity » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:08 pm

mileslibertatis wrote:
TatteredDignity wrote:This is annoying, because last year calls went out on Friday, and then Monday, and a little bit into Tuesday.

Humph.


They probably got to your app in the stack and have been agonizing over it all day. I bet they have formed prayer circles and slaughtered chickens to help them decide.


Probably so, but only in response to my diversity PS about my voodoo upbringing.

pballer
Posts: 244
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:58 pm

Re: Harvard 2012

Postby pballer » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:09 pm

This week is going to go excruciatingly slowly

Slobberson
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:48 pm

Re: Harvard 2012

Postby Slobberson » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:24 pm

>insert witty name< wrote:
mileslibertatis wrote:Someone said they got called in the morning on Friday...



Hey, just wanted to clarify on the timing of my call.... I said I got the call on Friday morning, but that was Hawaii time, so it would have been around 2pm East Coast. For what it's worth...



You must have a tough life.

mileslibertatis
Posts: 582
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:09 pm

Re: Harvard 2012

Postby mileslibertatis » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:29 pm

Remember that time I was in Hawaii and got in to Harvard at the same time?

User avatar
>insert witty name<
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:32 pm

Re: Harvard 2012

Postby >insert witty name< » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:37 pm

Slobberson wrote:
>insert witty name< wrote:
mileslibertatis wrote:Someone said they got called in the morning on Friday...



Hey, just wanted to clarify on the timing of my call.... I said I got the call on Friday morning, but that was Hawaii time, so it would have been around 2pm East Coast. For what it's worth...



You must have a tough life.


haha, don't hate ;)




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.