Harvard 2012

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
TatteredDignity

Re: Harvard 2012

Postby TatteredDignity » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:05 am

AZN MegaPoaster wrote:
TatteredDignity wrote:Application Ready For Review, 7/5.

At least they're working today.

Same. However, at the top it still says it's being processed. Is it the same with you? Also, is your requirements list empty? Mine is.

Yes, and yes.

Hoping Monday is the big day. GL to you.

AZN MegaPoaster

Postby AZN MegaPoaster » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:13 am

TatteredDignity wrote:
AZN MegaPoaster wrote:
TatteredDignity wrote:Application Ready For Review, 7/5.

At least they're working today.

Same. However, at the top it still says it's being processed. Is it the same with you? Also, is your requirements list empty? Mine is.

Yes, and yes.

Hoping Monday is the big day. GL to you.

Ok cool. Thanks. GL to you too

HappyTransfer2012

Postby HappyTransfer2012 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:48 am

Harvard admits: CONGRATS! That is such amazing news!!!!! You would be crazy not to go... unless you prefer S or Y... If you have never been to the Harvard campus before it is spectacular!! With that said, some of us over here (me) are literally praying/ hoping every 10 minutes to be accepted to a NY school... I need to get back to NYC for urgent family reasons -- if you are no longer interested in CLS or NYU please, please withdraw your apps because you will obviously be accepted and take up a seat. If I personally had a decision that wasn't based on family needs, I would go with Harvard Law over any other school in the country. Bottom line - it's HARVARD! Congrats, that is such a huge accomplishment!!!! :)

So congrats again and please withdraw from any schools you are no longer interested in -- I think NYU/ Columbia will be making decisions this coming week.

Best of luck to everyone in here.

nonprofit-prophet

Postby nonprofit-prophet » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:01 am

HappyTransfer2012 wrote:Harvard admits: CONGRATS! That is such amazing news!!!!! You would be crazy not to go... unless you prefer S or Y... If you have never been to the Harvard campus before it is spectacular!! With that said, some of us over here (me) are literally praying/ hoping every 10 minutes to be accepted to a NY school... I need to get back to NYC for urgent family reasons -- if you are no longer interested in CLS or NYU please, please withdraw your apps because you will obviously be accepted and take up a seat. If I personally had a decision that wasn't based on family needs, I would go with Harvard Law over any other school in the country. Bottom line - it's HARVARD! Congrats, that is such a huge accomplishment!!!! :)

So congrats again and please withdraw from any schools you are no longer interested in -- I think NYU/ Columbia will be making decisions this coming week.

Best of luck to everyone in here.

Took a while to get to the point...

Panama2014

Postby Panama2014 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:04 pm

lol - hey for everyone else that got the call friday, where are you guys looking for housing???

Slobberson

Postby Slobberson » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:34 am

C'mon baby, Pappa needs a new pair of fine Italian loafers.

canesfan1986

Postby canesfan1986 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:36 am

Slobberson wrote:C'mon baby, Pappa needs a new pair of fine Italian loafers.

Hahaha! Awesome. I could roll with a pair of those. Never have, but why not?

nadopretz

Postby nadopretz » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:47 am

Not to be super pessimistic or anything, but when do they start sending out dings?

mileslibertatis

Postby mileslibertatis » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:23 am

Every night in my insane dreams. Last night my status changed to DENIED in old English script.

TatteredDignity

Postby TatteredDignity » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:33 pm

Can't decide whether I'm annoyed that no one has reported calls happening today, or relieved that I'm not being passed over when calls are going out.

nadopretz

Postby nadopretz » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:35 pm

TatteredDignity wrote:Can't decide whether I'm annoyed that no one has reported calls happening today, or relieved that I'm not being passed over when calls are going out.

Ditto.

It seems like there were about 10-15 offers last week?

TatteredDignity

Postby TatteredDignity » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:51 pm

nadopretz wrote:
TatteredDignity wrote:Can't decide whether I'm annoyed that no one has reported calls happening today, or relieved that I'm not being passed over when calls are going out.

Ditto.

Not sure where you're getting that # from, unless you're assuming that the TLS sample is about 1/3 of total applicants. I only saw 4-5 on here.

Should I Transfer??

Postby Should I Transfer?? » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:53 pm

TatteredDignity wrote:
nadopretz wrote:

Ditto.

Not sure where you're getting that # from, unless you're assuming that the TLS sample is about 1/3 of total applicants. I only saw 4-5 on here.

Same.

TatteredDignity

Postby TatteredDignity » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:59 pm

I'm inclined to think that the TLS population makes up a large % of transfers to top schools, mostly because I wouldn't have been as willing to navigate the process without the help of TLS. But, maybe others are more independent and ambitious than I am.

FlanSolo

Postby FlanSolo » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:06 pm

TatteredDignity wrote:I'm inclined to think that the TLS population makes up a large % of transfers to top schools, mostly because I wouldn't have been as willing to navigate the process without the help of TLS. But, maybe others are more independent and ambitious than I am.

I think this is probably true. That said, there may be a lot of lurkers who aren't posting. If you are such a lurker, please come out and play!

in_reverie

Postby in_reverie » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:07 pm

I heard of a couple T14 kids accepted into Harvard last Friday who didn't post on here. One from Northwestern, forget the other one. I'm sure there's a decent chunk of them out there.

canesfan1986

Postby canesfan1986 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:08 pm

in_reverie wrote:I heard of a couple T14 kids accepted into Harvard last Friday who didn't post on here. One from Northwestern, forget the other one. I'm sure there's a decent chunk of them out there.

Wait a second......there are law students who don't post on here?

TatteredDignity

Postby TatteredDignity » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:14 pm

From the standpoint of a purely rational self-interested actor, it makes sense to lurk.

But screw that.

Also, screw T14 kids applying to transfer to H. Either take a shot at Y or take your T14 top of the class trophy and go home.

tmtesterlaw

Postby tmtesterlaw » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:16 pm

FlanSolo wrote:
TatteredDignity wrote:I'm inclined to think that the TLS population makes up a large % of transfers to top schools, mostly because I wouldn't have been as willing to navigate the process without the help of TLS. But, maybe others are more independent and ambitious than I am.

I think this is probably true. That said, there may be a lot of lurkers who aren't posting. If you are such a lurker, please come out and play!

I'll come out and play. Top 1% at a T35, two years good work experience. Fully expecting a ding, but I'm Application Ready for Review as of July 6. No emails or calls. Told myself I wouldn't get emotionally vested, but it's too late.

FlanSolo

Postby FlanSolo » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:18 pm

TatteredDignity wrote:Also, screw T14 kids applying to transfer to H. Either take a shot at Y or take your T14 top of the class trophy and go home.

Seriously. :wink:
Last edited by FlanSolo on Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mileslibertatis

Postby mileslibertatis » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:18 pm

Expecting a ding just to play the expectations game? Sounds like you have a better shot than many of us...

TatteredDignity

Postby TatteredDignity » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:19 pm

tmtesterlaw wrote:
FlanSolo wrote:

I'll come out and play. Top 1% at a T35, two years good work experience. Fully expecting a ding, but I'm Application Ready for Review as of July 6. No emails or calls. Told myself I wouldn't get emotionally vested, but it's too late.

See, people? Look at this courage. That's all it takes.

And good luck to you, sir/ma'am.

FlanSolo

Postby FlanSolo » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:20 pm

mileslibertatis wrote:Expecting a ding just to play the expectations game? Sounds like you have a better shot than many of us...

The problem is that virtually everyone in this thread seems to have a good shot, based on what I've seen. That's why I think people see no rhyme or reason to the order of the acceptances.

TatteredDignity

Postby TatteredDignity » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:22 pm

FlanSolo wrote:
mileslibertatis wrote:Expecting a ding just to play the expectations game? Sounds like you have a better shot than many of us...

The problem is that virtually everyone in this thread seems to have a good shot, based on what I've seen. That's why I think people see no rhyme or reason to the order of the acceptances.

+1

Everyone and his mother seems to be applying these last couple of years.

mileslibertatis

Postby mileslibertatis » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:30 pm

TatteredDignity wrote:
FlanSolo wrote:

+1

Everyone and his mother seems to be applying these last couple of years.

I swear if your mom takes my seat...

Return to “Transfers”