Harvard 2012 Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
forestgirl

Bronze

Re: Harvard 2012

Post by forestgirl » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:10 pm

I'm still hanging on as well. 6% T30

FlanSolo

Bronze

Post by FlanSolo » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:30 pm

TatteredDignity wrote:
Huh. Well, it seems like we have 10 worthy applicants here in this thread. Hopefully we get famed TLS boost.
Amen.

Slobberson

New

Post by Slobberson » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:33 pm

ACCEPTED

To my country club as a junior member. Should I notify H with an updated resume?

lockiller

New

Post by lockiller » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:38 pm

Slobberson wrote:ACCEPTED

To my country club as a junior member. Should I notify H with an updated resume?
Just got the admission? By phone or email?

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:40 pm

lockiller wrote:
Slobberson wrote:ACCEPTED

Just got the admission? By phone or email?
i wouldn't want to be a member of any country club that notifies admits by email

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Slobberson

New

Post by Slobberson » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:48 pm

No they told me over a dinner at a nice restaurant.

mileslibertatis

Silver

Post by mileslibertatis » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:21 pm

Sorry about the dings in here today. I was hiking a trail at Sedona National Forest and didn't have reception. I thought for sure when I got back I would have at least an email ding from Harvard or Chicago. Or a call from NYU. But nothing today. Very unexpected.

So all that to say no ding for me today. I don't get my ding until next week, I guess.

Skyblaze

New

Post by Skyblaze » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:41 pm

Ironic that the dings came out on Friday the 13th.

Should I Transfer??

Bronze

Post by Should I Transfer?? » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:55 pm

mileslibertatis wrote:Sorry about the dings in here today. I was hiking a trail at Sedona National Forest and didn't have reception. I thought for sure when I got back I would have at least an email ding from Harvard or Chicago. Or a call from NYU. But nothing today. Very unexpected.

So all that to say no ding for me today. I don't get my ding until next week, I guess.
Looks like we are in similar positions...I'm still waiting on Harvard and Chicago as well.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

TatteredDignity

Gold

Post by TatteredDignity » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:58 am

Let the hand-wringing resume.

transferquestion123

New

Post by transferquestion123 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:11 pm

TatteredDignity wrote:Let the hand-wringing resume.
Just happy to be here. We'll see if I last the day...

mileslibertatis

Silver

Post by mileslibertatis » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:33 pm

Just leave this up here on the counter, and if you get any news go ahead and ring it:

transferquestion123

New

Post by transferquestion123 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:41 pm

I prefer this personally: http://inception.davepedu.com/.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

mileslibertatis

Silver

Post by mileslibertatis » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:46 pm

That one doesn't make a ding noise, though.

transferquestion123

New

Post by transferquestion123 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:48 pm

mileslibertatis wrote:That one doesn't make a ding noise, though.
truth. but it does sound like a semi or maybe an aircraft carrier rolling over you, which captures the ding feeling pretty well for me. [you can click the button btw]. :lol:

mileslibertatis

Silver

Post by mileslibertatis » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:06 pm

I want to know how an aircraft carrier can "roll" over someone?

FlanSolo

Bronze

Post by FlanSolo » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:16 pm

mileslibertatis wrote:I want to know how an aircraft carrier can "roll" over someone?
There's a big enough hill somewhere. Arguably, this is a tumble though.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

transferquestion123

New

Post by transferquestion123 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:23 pm

FlanSolo wrote:
mileslibertatis wrote:I want to know how an aircraft carrier can "roll" over someone?
There's a big enough hill somewhere. Arguably, this is a tumble though.
TITCR.

in_reverie

New

Post by in_reverie » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:53 pm

Prediction: we've never seen movement on back-to-back business days, so I think we'll get a final mix of acceptances and dings either tomorrow or Wednesday (instead of today). Sound right?

FlanSolo

Bronze

Post by FlanSolo » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:55 pm

in_reverie wrote:Prediction: we've never seen movement on back-to-back business days, so I think we'll get a final mix of acceptances and dings either tomorrow or Wednesday. Sound right?
I think the first seat deposit date for admits was 7/18 (although I recall reading somewhere this referred to the postage date), and also, Yale is supposed to be making decisions beginning on or around 7/18. So, I think we can expect to see some movement late this week.

TatteredDignity

Gold

Post by TatteredDignity » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:12 pm

My wife makes a good point -- if the deposits just have to postmarked by the 18th, the school will very likely not know who they have committed until early next week, right? I'd be surprised if there is anything other than rejections this week.

I would pay a not-insignificant sum of money to hang out in their admissions office for a day and see how their process works.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

FlanSolo

Bronze

Post by FlanSolo » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:18 pm

TatteredDignity wrote:My wife makes a good point -- if the deposits just have to postmarked by the 18th, the school will very likely not know who they have committed until early next week, right? I'd be surprised if there is anything other than rejections this week.

I would pay a not-insignificant sum of money to hang out in their admissions office for a day and see how their process works.
Yeah, I think you're probably right. In the interest of wishful thinking though, I'd just posit that most people who know they are going (and this is probably most people who got in) have already submitted their deposits. I know I would. I would overnight that shit in case just in case the offer was accidental, and then I could Lucy v. Zehmer their ass if they tried to renege. Anyway, my point is, they may have a general sense of whether they will need to admit more or not, just because many people probably already paid their deposit. I want to be clear that I don't actually believe this reasoning myself.

TatteredDignity

Gold

Post by TatteredDignity » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:23 pm

FlanSolo wrote:
TatteredDignity wrote:My wife makes a good point -- if the deposits just have to postmarked by the 18th, the school will very likely not know who they have committed until early next week, right? I'd be surprised if there is anything other than rejections this week.

Yeah, I think you're probably right. In the interest of wishful thinking though, I'd just posit that most people who know they are going (and this is probably most people who got in) have already submitted their deposits. I know I would. I would overnight that shit in case just in case the offer was accidental, and then I could Lucy v. Zehmer their ass if they tried to renege. Anyway, my point is, they may have a general sense of whether they will need to admit more or not, just because many people probably already paid their deposit. I want to be clear that I don't actually believe this reasoning myself.
I don't even want to believe that reasoning. Because the only way it advances anything is if a ton of people are accepting their seats, which is antithetical to our wishes.

FlanSolo

Bronze

Post by FlanSolo » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:24 pm

TatteredDignity wrote:
FlanSolo wrote:

I don't even want to believe that reasoning. Because the only way it advances anything is if a ton of people are accepting their seats, which is antithetical to our wishes.
Good point.

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:26 pm

TatteredDignity wrote:
FlanSolo wrote:

but they don't really need to wait until the 18th (or 18th + mail transit time) to wait and see who is definitely not putting down a deposit. they can tell by the % of people who have deposited already (and experience with previous cycles) roughly how many attendances they're likely to get, and plan accordingly. remember that even some of the people who paid the $500 will end up taking offers at Y or S.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”