Harvard 2012 Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
>insert witty name<

New

Re: Harvard 2012

Post by >insert witty name< » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:07 pm

IN!!!!!!!! Got the call this morning

Stats for those wondering:
School ranked mid-60s (but had a good geographic reason for being at that school)
#4 in class
Interesting 4 years of work experience before law school

Also a July 18th response date. Congrats to the others who got good news today and fingers crossed for the rest!

mileslibertatis

Silver

Post by mileslibertatis » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:14 pm

>insert witty name< wrote:IN!!!!!!!! Got the call this morning

School ranked mid-60s (but had a good geographic reason for being at that school)
#4 in class

Also a July 18th response date. Congrats to the others who got good news today and fingers crossed for the rest!
Congratulations!

But this makes me sad I didn't get a call with #1 at low 50s school.

canesfan1986

Bronze

Post by canesfan1986 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:17 pm

mileslibertatis wrote:

#4 in class

Congratulations!

Congrats! I second this post. Maybe we'll be in the next wave? *Fingers Crossed*

>insert witty name<

New

Post by >insert witty name< » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:18 pm

canesfan1986 wrote:
mileslibertatis wrote:

#4 in class

Congratulations!

Congrats! I second this post. Maybe we'll be in the next wave? *Fingers Crossed*
Don't lose heart, it's so early, they still have plenty of calls to make.

mileslibertatis

Silver

Post by mileslibertatis » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:20 pm

I can't wait until Monday man! My heart will EXPLODE!!!!

--ImageRemoved--

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mileslibertatis

Silver

Post by mileslibertatis » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:35 pm

My wife had a theory. My last name starts with W. Are you guys near the beginning of the alphabet? Maybe they do A-M one day, move on? I NEED SOME HOPE PEOPLE!

nonprofit-prophet

Silver

Post by nonprofit-prophet » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:38 pm

mileslibertatis wrote:My wife had a theory. My last name starts with W. Are you guys near the beginning of the alphabet? Maybe they do A-M one day, move on? I NEED SOME HOPE PEOPLE!
They probably review the apps in the order they receive them. Did these people go complete before you?

mileslibertatis

Silver

Post by mileslibertatis » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:40 pm

My app was sent on May 8th and has been under review since June 22... so who knows.

canesfan1986

Bronze

Post by canesfan1986 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:08 pm

mileslibertatis wrote:My app was sent on May 8th and has been under review since June 22... so who knows.
I have the same UR date. It's gonna happen! Think positively!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jrf12886

Bronze

Post by jrf12886 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:39 pm

I went "under review" on 6/27. No call today. Top 1-2%, T30.

TatteredDignity

Gold

Post by TatteredDignity » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:41 pm

I have concluded, for the sake of my sanity and based on last year's threads, that the order of calls is random.

3ThrowAway99

Gold

Post by 3ThrowAway99 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:43 pm

lawgrl14 wrote:Probably around top 3% at a school ranked 18-20

You'll kill it at Harvard.... Or where you are at. Congrats girl!

PinkCow

Silver

Post by PinkCow » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:08 am

Ruh roh. I'm still incomplete and it says waiting on UG transcripts. I thought they could just get that from LSAC...aweflkeaegawofheagoaehfgoaeifhjaw

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Slobberson

New

Post by Slobberson » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:24 am

PinkCow wrote:Ruh roh. I'm still incomplete and it says waiting on UG transcripts. I thought they could just get that from LSAC...aweflkeaegawofheagoaehfgoaeifhjaw
Mine says "complete ready for review," but I submitted my UG transcript via LSAC.

When you applied to law school, did you apply before you graduated? I.e., without the last semester's grades? I took a year off so my transcript has all my UG grades.

nonprofit-prophet

Silver

Post by nonprofit-prophet » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:04 am

Slobberson wrote:
PinkCow wrote:Ruh roh. I'm still incomplete and it says waiting on UG transcripts. I thought they could just get that from LSAC...aweflkeaegawofheagoaehfgoaeifhjaw
Mine says "complete ready for review," but I submitted my UG transcript via LSAC.

When you applied to law school, did you apply before you graduated? I.e., without the last semester's grades? I took a year off so my transcript has all my UG grades.
where did these statuses come from? I thought the checker never said complete or incomplete, but instead said received and ready for review.

PinkCow

Silver

Post by PinkCow » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:18 am

nonprofit-prophet wrote:
Slobberson wrote:

where did these statuses come from? I thought the checker never said complete or incomplete, but instead said received and ready for review.

Interesting. Mine says incomplete, but it's dated 6/27/2012. They also emailed me about the incomplete, but that was only RE: LORs, which have since been completed. I say transcript because the other schools have checklists missing the transcripts, which were processed by LSAC ~ 10 days ago. Maybe they're just slow on the update.

I think I screwed myself doing it this late though :S

nonprofit-prophet

Silver

Post by nonprofit-prophet » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:19 am

PinkCow wrote:
nonprofit-prophet wrote:
Slobberson wrote:

Interesting. Mine says incomplete, but it's dated 6/27/2012. They also emailed me about the incomplete, but that was only RE: LORs, which have since been completed. I say transcript because the other schools have checklists missing the transcripts, which were processed by LSAC ~ 10 days ago. Maybe they're just slow on the update.

I think I screwed myself doing it this late though :S
did yours say ready for review before incomplete?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

PinkCow

Silver

Post by PinkCow » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:22 am

nonprofit-prophet wrote:
No I think it just said incomplete. Maybe processing for a day or 2. But never ready for review. I've already talked to them and they said everything would be fine as far as LORs go, but I don't know...getting nervous...

nonprofit-prophet

Silver

Post by nonprofit-prophet » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:31 am

PinkCow wrote:
nonprofit-prophet wrote:
No I think it just said incomplete. Maybe processing for a day or 2. But never ready for review. I've already talked to them and they said everything would be fine as far as LORs go, but I don't know...getting nervous...
Im still confused, what was your status while it said processing? I have a status (went from ready for review to under review) and a line at the top that says "Processing." Was "processing" in your status line or the text at the top?

PinkCow

Silver

Post by PinkCow » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:35 am

I think it was the status line. Now my status says Incomplete Application. The message at the very top says "

In the initial processing of your application, we have noticed that your application cannot be completed at this time. Please refer to the email we sent detailing what information is currently missing from your application.
"

Again though the date is 27 June, so I hope they just haven't gotten up to updating it yet.

nonprofit-prophet

Silver

Post by nonprofit-prophet » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:39 am

PinkCow wrote:I think it was the status line. Now my status says Incomplete Application. The message at the very top says "

In the initial processing of your application, we have noticed that your application cannot be completed at this time. Please refer to the email we sent detailing what information is currently missing from your application.
"

Again though the date is 27 June, so I hope they just haven't gotten up to updating it yet.
thanks for the explanation. I'm a little worried about my dean cert, so I'm hoping ready for review means complete, even though the top text still says processing.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Slobberson

New

Post by Slobberson » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:35 am

nonprofit-prophet wrote:
PinkCow wrote:I think it was the status line. Now my status says Incomplete Application. The message at the very top says "

"

thanks for the explanation. I'm a little worried about my dean cert, so I'm hoping ready for review means complete, even though the top text still says processing.
I'm in the exact same boat as you. I think they would have emailed us though. Mine says complete but at the top says compiling all the stuff. I don't think its a big deal.

jdown87

New

Post by jdown87 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:02 pm

Congrats to all the new transfer admits and good luck to those who haven't heard back!

I am a Class of 2013 HLS transfer student, and my roommates and I are looking for a 4th roommate for our 4-bedroom apartment, as our 4th roommate just left us to go to med school. Significantly for the quick transition to orientation, EIP and the like, the lease starts 8/1. In Davis Square, where rent is significantly cheaper (and Davis Square is more fun than H Square and an easy commute to HLS). We live in a well maintained townhouse with a lot of space - PM me if you are interested and I will give you the details.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:26 pm

jdown87 wrote:Congrats to all the new transfer admits and good luck to those who haven't heard back!

I am a Class of 2013 HLS transfer student, and my roommates and I are looking for a 4th roommate for our 4-bedroom apartment, as our 4th roommate just left us to go to med school. Significantly for the quick transition to orientation, EIP and the like, the lease starts 8/1. In Davis Square, where rent is significantly cheaper (and Davis Square is more fun than H Square and an easy commute to HLS). We live in a well maintained townhouse with a lot of space - PM me if you are interested and I will give you the details.
I lived in Davis for two years and this is legit, you really do want to live there.

AZN MegaPoaster

New

Post by AZN MegaPoaster » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:27 pm

TatteredDignity wrote:Application Ready For Review, 7/5.

At least they're working today.
Same. However, at the top it still says it's being processed. Is it the same with you? Also, is your requirements list empty? Mine is.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”