Yale Transfer Fantasy Land 2012 Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
TatteredDignity

Gold

Re: Yale Transfer Fantasy Land 2012

Post by TatteredDignity » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:57 am

Yeah, if we couldn't even get in the "preferred admits" group at H, no way we're getting Y. Really seems like the competition is stiffer this year.

mileslibertatis

Silver

Post by mileslibertatis » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:22 am

I feel like every time I told someone about transferring they were like, "Hey, I have good numbers, Imma do it too!"

And they should just stay where they are and be happy doing family law in a small town. Come on people!

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:25 am

FlanSolo wrote:
TatteredDignity wrote:The first TLS-reported acceptance came yesterday last year.
Well, there you go. Makes sense given the email they sent about decisions coming this week into next. I will not be too heartbroken when I do not get a phone call.
i read this and became disappointed that i hadn't received a call, and then remembered i didn't apply to Yale

mileslibertatis

Silver

Post by mileslibertatis » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:29 am

Sweet candy land

TatteredDignity

Gold

Post by TatteredDignity » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:33 am

fatduck wrote:
FlanSolo wrote:
TatteredDignity wrote:The first TLS-reported acceptance came yesterday last year.
Well, there you go. Makes sense given the email they sent about decisions coming this week into next. I will not be too heartbroken when I do not get a phone call.
i read this and became disappointed that i hadn't received a call, and then remembered i didn't apply to Yale
Just out of curiosity, why?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:34 am

TatteredDignity wrote:
fatduck wrote:
FlanSolo wrote:
Just out of curiosity, why?
i was pretty lazy about transfer applications and only got one law professor rec. also didn't want to write a 250 or live in connecticut.

and wanted to leave a spot for you guys, obviously

transfer dilemma

New

Post by transfer dilemma » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:39 am

TatteredDignity wrote:Yeah, if we couldn't even get in the "preferred admits" group at H, no way we're getting Y. Really seems like the competition is stiffer this year.
I don't know man, I missed out on that first H wave and I got S out of the blue, so I don't kow how indicative it will be for predicting Yale admits. I bet at least someone who didn't get H in that first wave will get Yale. It all seems really black-boxy.

FlanSolo

Bronze

Post by FlanSolo » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:42 am

transfer dilemma wrote:
TatteredDignity wrote:Yeah, if we couldn't even get in the "preferred admits" group at H, no way we're getting Y. Really seems like the competition is stiffer this year.
I don't know man, I missed out on that first H wave and I got S out of the blue, so I don't kow how indicative it will be for predicting Yale admits. I bet at least someone who didn't get H in that first wave will get Yale. It all seems really black-boxy.
You just gave me the slightest shred of hope. Damn you [shakes fist at heavens]!

>insert witty name<

New

Post by >insert witty name< » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:16 pm

I'm already jumping everytime my phone vibrates in my pocket... today (and potentially the rest of this week) is going to be brutal. Productivity --> all time low.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mileslibertatis

Silver

Post by mileslibertatis » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:25 pm

If you get YHS all three, I will either murder you or insist that I get one of the two spots you have to forgo. Your choice.

mileslibertatis

Silver

Post by mileslibertatis » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:29 pm

Also, does this mean that Yale does things over a several day period?

>insert witty name<

New

Post by >insert witty name< » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:30 pm

mileslibertatis wrote:If you get YHS all three, I will either murder you or insist that I get one of the two spots you have to forgo. Your choice.
haha, I'll send you a wig and you can take my place!

>insert witty name<

New

Post by >insert witty name< » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:31 pm

mileslibertatis wrote:Also, does this mean that Yale does things over a several day period?
i have no idea about that part, i just meant that b/c the email said decisions late this week or early next week, we don't know when D-Day is.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

mileslibertatis

Silver

Post by mileslibertatis » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:59 pm

mileslibertatis

Silver

Post by mileslibertatis » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:34 am

Possibility of movement here today?

FlanSolo

Bronze

Post by FlanSolo » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:35 am

mileslibertatis wrote:Possibility of movement here today?
Pre-diarrheal rumblings, maybe.

TatteredDignity

Gold

Post by TatteredDignity » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:15 pm

--ImageRemoved--

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

>insert witty name<

New

Post by >insert witty name< » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:17 pm

aaaaawe man! you just made my heart jump when i saw someone had posted on this thread, i thought for sure that meant someone had gotten a call... boo.

mileslibertatis

Silver

Post by mileslibertatis » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:28 pm

No, you will be the first one here since you are destined to accomplish the HYS hat trick.

lockiller

New

Post by lockiller » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:41 pm

>insert witty name< wrote:aaaaawe man! you just made my heart jump when i saw someone had posted on this thread, i thought for sure that meant someone had gotten a call... boo.
Any leaning to H or S so far? When is the S deposit deadline BTW?

>insert witty name<

New

Post by >insert witty name< » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:45 pm

lockiller wrote:
>insert witty name< wrote:aaaaawe man! you just made my heart jump when i saw someone had posted on this thread, i thought for sure that meant someone had gotten a call... boo.
Any leaning to H or S so far? When is the S deposit deadline BTW?
S deposit is Jul 31. I already paid the H deposit (before I even found out about S). Still hashing out the finaid at both H and S, so that will play a big role. And finding out one way or the other about HLR will be a factor too. So right now I'm trying to stay neutral and open minded until all the pieces fall ito place.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

FlanSolo

Bronze

Post by FlanSolo » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:59 pm

What if a tree fell in the forest, and the tree did not have a TLS account? Did the tree get in to Y?

TatteredDignity

Gold

Post by TatteredDignity » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:04 pm

FlanSolo wrote:What if a tree fell in the forest, and the tree did not have a TLS account? Did the tree get in to Y?
It's a fair question. I haven't seen anyone post in the transfer forum whom I would consider to be a typical Yale admit. I'm sure they're lurking out there and will come in here to gloat when the calls come out. Otherwise, it's entirely possible all the calls will go out and none of us will know.

FlanSolo

Bronze

Post by FlanSolo » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:05 pm

TatteredDignity wrote:
FlanSolo wrote:What if a tree fell in the forest, and the tree did not have a TLS account? Did the tree get in to Y?
It's a fair question. I haven't seen anyone post in the transfer forum whom I would consider to be a typical Yale admit. I'm sure they're lurking out there and will come in here to gloat when the calls come out. Otherwise, it's entirely possible all the calls will go out and none of us will know.
I think there was someone who got into H who was like top 1 percent at GULC.

TatteredDignity

Gold

Post by TatteredDignity » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:06 pm

FlanSolo wrote:
TatteredDignity wrote:
I think there was someone who got into H who was like top 1 percent at GULC.
Oh. Well, we'll wait for that guy to get the call, then. At least we'll know.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”