Okay.....I'm transferring, now what?

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
bieberfever

Okay.....I'm transferring, now what?

Postby bieberfever » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:09 pm

Top 10% at T3 -----------------> T1 (15-25), paying sticker at both

Gave up Moot Court, Law Review, and mad connects at old school. I didn't want to practice in the area of my old school, my new school is in the area I want to practice BUT after the excitement of getting into the T1 sunk in, I realized that I'm back at square 1. I'm now the little fish in a big pond. What can I do to make myself relevant/involved? I already did the write-on (pending results) - should I just join a bunch of clubs and connect with profs? I think I might have buyer's remorse and am really worried I might have made the wrong decision...

CanadianWolf

Re: Okay.....I'm transferring, now what?

Postby CanadianWolf » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:17 pm

If you were paying sticker price at a Tier Three law school located in a geographic area that you don't like, then you made the right choice by transferring to a Tier One in your preferred geographical area.

P.S. Odd that your Tier Three law school didn't make a scholarship offer to one finishing in the top 10% with law review & moot court.
Last edited by CanadianWolf on Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:19 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:If you were paying sticker price at a Tier Three law school [...] then you made the right choice by transferring

bieberfever

Postby bieberfever » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:29 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:P.S. Odd that your Tier Three law school didn't make a scholarship offer to one finishing in the top 10% with law review & moot court.

I know, right? When I told them I was trying to transfer they seemed a little insulted but didn't care too much. They gave me some forms, said I might pick up 4-5k based on my GPA if I stayed, and then scooted me out the door.

From what I've heard they lowered the stips for all the scholarships they gave out at the beginning of the year so I'm guessing they don't have any more cash. I guess they're just playing the USNWR rank game and don't really care about losing people.

shock259

Postby shock259 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:59 pm

Return to “Transfers”