Transferring, still submit LR article to old school? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
PB716

New

Transferring, still submit LR article to old school?

Post by PB716 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:21 pm

I have just completed a comment to submit to write onto law review at my current school, and it is due in a couple of days. I already have an acceptance to another school, which I will likely be transferring to.
If I do submit the comment, but later end up deciding to transfer:
-Would I have to call up the LR people at my old school and tell them to disregard my article because I am transferring now?
-Assuming I am able to use my comment for a write on competition at the transfer school, would submitting it to my old school make it so that I could not re-use the comment?

Younger Abstention

Bronze

Re: Transferring, still submit LR article to old school?

Post by Younger Abstention » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:58 pm

PB716 wrote:I have just completed a comment to submit to write onto law review at my current school, and it is due in a couple of days. I already have an acceptance to another school, which I will likely be transferring to.
If I do submit the comment, but later end up deciding to transfer:
-Would I have to call up the LR people at my old school and tell them to disregard my article because I am transferring now?
-Assuming I am able to use my comment for a write on competition at the transfer school, would submitting it to my old school make it so that I could not re-use the comment?
nevermind
Last edited by Younger Abstention on Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:04 pm

Only Emory Law Journal editors can answer your question as to whether or not the same comment submitted to your former law school can be used as a write-on piece for their law review.

Younger Abstention

Bronze

Post by Younger Abstention » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:17 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:Only Emory Law Journal editors can answer your question as to whether or not the same comment submitted to your former law school can be used as a write-on piece for their law review.
I guarantee the answer is no.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”