Anybody want to chance me?

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
FLguy

Anybody want to chance me?

Postby FLguy » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:38 am

I' m trying to transfer into FSU, UF, or Stetson (last choice). Im at a school ranked in the late 60's but decently respected. All of my grades have been B's, which is our curve, except one A- and one C (got screwed but nothing I can do now). Im still waiting for one more grade. I went to a good undergrad and majored in engineering. I also have a masters. My school hasn't released my rank so I don't know what it is. I have strong ties to Florida and a solid letter of recommendation from one of my 1L professors. Also, I wrote a transfer statement that highlighted my ties to FL. I just submitted my apps but my transcripts wont be mailed till tomorrow.

FSU is TT but ranked around 51 or 52, UF is ranked around 48, and stetson is TTT.

Does anyone know if I stand a chance at any of these schools. I would love to end up at UF or FSU.

Thanks

FLguy

Re: Anybody want to chance me?

Postby FLguy » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:48 pm

Anybody?

ProSe

Postby ProSe » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:24 pm

Whats your GPA and class GPA median? You can estimate your rank that way, you aren't transferring up too far, more like a lateral transfer, so top third should be enough, top 25% to be safe. Without more info though, I can't chance you.

FLguy

Postby FLguy » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:44 pm

My gpa is a 3.0 (depending on my last grade which is taking forever). My school doesn't release rank till later this summer so Im not sure. Our curve is set to a B average so I would guess that Im top 50%, maybe top 40%.

ProSe

Postby ProSe » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:47 pm

I don't know why you would transfer to Stetson, but you could get in there as a transfer. As for UF and FSU, you are lateraling slightly up so you would probably need to be above median, probably top third. Regardless, transferring is kind of a black box, so you might as well throw a hail mary and see if you can into one of them.

FLguy

Postby FLguy » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:54 pm

thanks I applied to all 3 and just waiting for my school to send over my transcripts and letter of good standing. I want to be back in Florida and figured I would apply to those 3 but after doing some more research I decided against Stetson unless something comes up.

Return to “Transfers”