. Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

No votes
No votes

Total votes: 0

jurisx

Bronze

Re: Transferring to Escape Grades

Post by jurisx » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:42 pm

SirWilliam1022 wrote:Law Review - Not going to happen - see GPA
Deans List/Honors - Maybe for the year (second and third), but basically precluded - see GPA

Again, just to get back to median from where I am at (Median is like 3.33), I would have to basically be 3.6 next year. That is top 10 to 15%. The math doesn't add up. Since most professors don't give C's and no other class I will take will be worth six credits, it did tremendous damage.

On the flip side of this, the one grade is a statistical outlier. Absent it, I was at about 3.5 for the semester.

Hence, returning back my thoughts were these: A) I know that I am smart enough to get good grades here and even better grades somewhere lower ranked; B) Given that, is it better to be on the high end at a lower ranked school T-1 or the low end at a higher ranked school... most data says the former; C) GULC is not cheap so there is also the option of attending a public law school in my home state; D) With one grade being a statistical outlier, maybe a school only slightly lower ranked looks at that and gives it a second though; E) Go f--- yourself if you don't have anything helpful to say.

Thanks!
In other words, say what you want to hear or you will keep posting until others do.

Seeing how as many people told you to jump off a bridge as go for it, there is the value of the poll right there.

Hell, if you are at a school where Profs don't give C's, just show up and sleep for the next 3 years and then have someone shake you awake long enought to sit BarBri. Who cares?

SirWilliam1022

Bronze

Post by SirWilliam1022 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:18 pm

Last edited by SirWilliam1022 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SirWilliam1022

Bronze

Post by SirWilliam1022 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:22 pm

Last edited by SirWilliam1022 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ajaxconstructions

Bronze

Post by ajaxconstructions » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:25 pm

Cut your losses on law school by dropping out after OCI striking out. Don't cut your losses by transferring down trying to escape your shitty GPA.

jurisx

Bronze

Post by jurisx » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:20 pm

ajaxconstructions wrote:Cut your losses on law school by dropping out after OCI striking out. Don't cut your losses by transferring down trying to escape your shitty GPA.
I love how law students are so scared of competition post graduation they try to "help" those with a GPA well above a 3.0 by telling them to quit......Awsome, just awsome.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

DCDuck

Bronze

Post by DCDuck » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:23 pm

I wouldn't call a 3.07 "well over 3.0." How that grade will be viewed depends on the curve of the school, really.

jurisx

Bronze

Post by jurisx » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:34 pm

DCDuck wrote:I wouldn't call a 3.07 "well over 3.0." How that grade will be viewed depends on the curve of the school, really.
I wouldn't call it needing to drop out either.

Any school that curves that high, means even less need to dropout. Show up stoned and drunk and still get a 3.0? I'm in.

DCDuck

Bronze

Post by DCDuck » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:41 pm

He was asking whether he should transfer. Those grades aren't good enough to transfer. Dropping out would require knowing a lot more factors about OP besides rank. (And TLS almost ALWAYS recommends 'drop out')

Poster suggested he consider dropping out after striking out at OCI. If OP was set on biglaw, that's not a bad suggestion, depending on how other factors shake out.

And either way his GPA isn't "well above" 3.0, and it still puts him in bottom 1/3.

jurisx

Bronze

Post by jurisx » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:51 pm

DCDuck wrote:He was asking whether he should transfer. Those grades aren't good enough to transfer. Dropping out would require knowing a lot more factors about OP besides rank. (And TLS almost ALWAYS recommends 'drop out')

Poster suggested he consider dropping out after striking out at OCI. If OP was set on biglaw, that's not a bad suggestion, depending on how other factors shake out.

And either way his GPA isn't "well above" 3.0, and it still puts him in bottom 1/3.
fine, stroke yourself on the "well above" part. Anyone who dropsout with a passing grade deserves the life that waits for them.

BTW, if bottom third of your class is above a 3.0, you are going to clown college.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

pballer

Bronze

Post by pballer » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:04 pm

jurisx wrote:
DCDuck wrote:He was asking whether he should transfer. Those grades aren't good enough to transfer. Dropping out would require knowing a lot more factors about OP besides rank. (And TLS almost ALWAYS recommends 'drop out')

fine, stroke yourself on the "well above" part. Anyone who dropsout with a passing grade deserves the life that waits for them.

BTW, if bottom third of your class is above a 3.0, you are going to clown college.
2/10

You've got to work on your trolling man. 3 days late and a not-so-subtle t-14 curve trolling attempt makes for a boring read.

SirWilliam1022

Bronze

Post by SirWilliam1022 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:11 pm

Last edited by SirWilliam1022 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrAnon

Gold

Post by MrAnon » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:14 pm

Own your grades. Your earned them. You won't do better at another school.

SirWilliam1022

Bronze

Post by SirWilliam1022 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:23 pm

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”