Getting class rank data early for transfer purposes?

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
BRAatDC

Getting class rank data early for transfer purposes?

Postby BRAatDC » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:28 pm

Has anyone had any success with extracting class rank data early from the school they intend to transfer FROM?

All my ducks are in a row application wise, and one of my transfer schools emailed to tell me they need the class rank included in a letter of good standing. The letter was sent previously, sans the class rank, but my current school told me I would need to re-request a letter with a class rank sometime in mid to late July. Just curious if anyone has ever wrested this info from academic affairs earlier than when they say they will give it out.

Seems silly. Grades have been out for two weeks. I can only imagine it's partially to discourage transferring, but maybe there is an administrative reason I hadn't considered.

Skyblaze

Re: Getting class rank data early for transfer purposes?

Postby Skyblaze » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:18 pm

Bump!

Dman

Postby Dman » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:29 pm

I suggest apply without rank and amending as soon as it is released. Many transfer friendly schools understand that other schools put up hurdles to transferring. Berk for example will take grades without rank and have admitted students well before ranks have been released.

BRAatDC

Postby BRAatDC » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:50 am

Sorry, I wasn't clear. My apps are all in to the respective schools, but this one particular school notified me that they wouldn't consider the application without the rank.

BRAatDC

Postby BRAatDC » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:27 pm

Just received this from the school in question:

"After speaking with the Admissions Committee regarding your transfer application and your class rank not being available until late July, they have decided to go ahead and review your application now, without the class rank. If we need anything further, our office will get in touch with you.

Return to “Transfers”