Can you transfer after taking a year off?

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Gatorbull84

Can you transfer after taking a year off?

Postby Gatorbull84 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:39 pm

Sorry to keep blasting questions on here but I am trying to weight out my options.

I have the chance to gain a masters in biomedical engineering with little debt (and I want this degree) but it's in a different city and will require me taking a year off of law school. I was wondering if I could still transfer from my school after doing this or will I lose my first year classes?

My school told me that I can take a year off and return but Im interested in finishing school in my home state. I' ve called the two schools that Im interested in transferring to but by pure luck the person I needed to speak with at both schools was out for the week.

Thanks

keg411

Re: Can you transfer after taking a year off?

Postby keg411 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:49 pm

I know someone who got in as a transfer and then took the year off and is supposed to go back in the fall. But it was/is a super weird situation that I still don't quite understand (and I know the reason for the year off).

TTTehehe

Re: Can you transfer after taking a year off?

Postby TTTehehe » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:15 pm

Yes, you can do this.

Return to “Transfers”