LOR Problem (I hate you, LSAC)

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
flip21

LOR Problem (I hate you, LSAC)

Postby flip21 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:43 pm

Just finished all my transfer apps but still waiting for one LOR to "process." My first deadline is Friday. I've already "assigned" the LOR to all the applications but it still says that LSAC hasn't received it yet. If it comes down to the wire and I submit the application, will the school receive the LOR when it processes or am I screwed?

gaud

Re: LOR Problem (I hate you, LSAC)

Postby gaud » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:57 pm

flip21 wrote:Just finished all my transfer apps but still waiting for one LOR to "process." My first deadline is Friday. I've already "assigned" the LOR to all the applications but it still says that LSAC hasn't received it yet. If it comes down to the wire and I submit the application, will the school receive the LOR when it processes or am I screwed?

They should receive it when it processes. If you haven't already, faxing LORs proved to be much more efficient than mailing them.

ETA: In my experiences

dtl

Postby dtl » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:45 pm

I faxed in a LOR this morning and it was posted a few hours ago. Faxing is the way to go!

lisavj

Postby lisavj » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:16 am

I've called at least Stanford and Berkeley, and both are OK with LORS arriving after the deadline. I just had profs mail them directly to the schools. Of course, as with last round I'm pretty geographically limited so I only had two schools on the list...

Return to “Transfers”