Should I be transferring?

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:10 pm

Should I be transferring?

Postby howdypumpkin » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:07 pm

Hey guys, so I'm currently at P and was planning on only applying to NYU and Columbia to be in ny for family/SO reasons. However, I have done better than expected second semester. If I end up with a 3.7 (still waiting on one more grade) would it be foolish to give that up to start all over again at NYU and Columbia? Should I be considering H?
Thanks in advance

Posts: 56
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 9:05 pm

Re: Should I be transferring?

Postby EliHBCU » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:02 pm

Do you like your school? Do you have ties to the legal community at any of the places where you want to go? Where do you want to practice after school? Is it going to be worth it with your loans to go to another school (if the costs is significantly different)? There's a lot to consider, plus isn't it kind of late to be considering a transfer?

Posts: 373
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:27 am

Re: Should I be transferring?

Postby abc12345675 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:04 pm

Can't you just take a Megabus up to see your family every weekend? I'd stay

Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: Should I be transferring?

Postby keg411 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:13 am

It's a 1.5 hour drive. No reason at all to leave, just bid on NYC at OCI and you'll probably end up having your pick of firms and you'll be home with your family over the summer and after law school.

Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Should I be transferring?

Postby CanadianWolf » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:59 am

Assuming that "P" is Penn, and not Pace, you should stay unless you get Harvard.

Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:10 pm

Re: Should I be transferring?

Postby howdypumpkin » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:41 pm

Thanks for the advice guys, unfortunately that last grade i was waiting for ended up being a bomb and now i have a 3.6. I ended up applying to columbia and NYU (dropped harvard) and i'll hopefully have a tough decision to make in about a month. Thanks again

Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:47 am

Re: Should I be transferring?

Postby wsx111 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:54 am


Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.