NYU Transfers

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
TFR

Re: NYU Transfers

Postby TFR » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:47 am

PrayingforHYS wrote:
TFR wrote:Status Update: Decision letter sent 7/11

As someone else asked, were your requirements replaced by a blank "tuition received" box? Also, can you share your status update dates again please

To those who asked, this was followed by a ding. Good luck to those still in the running.

fu2009

Postby fu2009 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:30 am

Although I am late to the party, I thought I would chime in. I have really appreciated reading everyone else's stories, and it's time I shared mine.

Tier 2 close to NYC
School doesn't rank but has a 3.0 curve. (probably pretty obvious which school now)

I am from the South but worked 2 years abroad and speak another language. This summer, I am working in-house at a big company. I want to stay in New York because I am interested in working on international mergers and aquisitions or corporate (both). I hope to work abroad at some point. I have only applied to Columbia and NYU - I figure Fordham isn't worth losing my high GPA and super cheap tuition/scholarships. Current law school has pretty good placement for the top students at big firms.

NYU should be receiving the (third) official LS transcript today. If not, I am going over there and handing it in myself - probably should have already done this after the first one was "lost in the mail". THAT has been the biggest hassle. Hopefully I'll be complete/U/R by the end of the day. Hope it's not too late! You all have such indimidating stats!

mdfreeman

Postby mdfreeman » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:52 am

Just went 7/6 UR to 7/12 UR. College Questionaire finally checked off. Wish me luck!

T30, top 10%.

anonymouse2828

Postby anonymouse2828 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:22 am

mdfreeman wrote:Just went 7/6 UR to 7/12 UR. College Questionaire finally checked off. Wish me luck!

Same here, status went to 7/12 UR w/ college questionnaire checked off. Now, the only thing is undergrad transcript... I still don't know why they don't accept the LSAC report's version. I guess they want to verify my horrible undergrad grades. Well, at least it's still under review.

PinkCow

Postby PinkCow » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:27 am

Interesting...My status updated to Decision Letter Sent, but I've also had the Tuition Deposit box for a couple of days.

I'm out of the country so have no phone. Ding or no ding?

FlanSolo

Postby FlanSolo » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:29 am

PinkCow wrote:Interesting...My status updated to Decision Letter Sent, but I've also had the Tuition Deposit box for a couple of days.

I don't think the tuition box means anything at all. It's the Decision Letter Sent you're looking for.

canesfan1986

Postby canesfan1986 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:30 am

FlanSolo wrote:
PinkCow wrote:Interesting...My status updated to Decision Letter Sent, but I've also had the Tuition Deposit box for a couple of days.

I don't think the tuition box means anything at all. It's the Decision Letter Sent you're looking for.

I think it does. I don't think the people who were dinged had that box.

nadopretz

Postby nadopretz » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:54 am

canesfan1986 wrote:
FlanSolo wrote:

The Tuition Box is the one that matters, at least that is what they implied on the phone to me the other day. They said, "well, we can't confirm acceptances/denials over phone, but we wouldn't put the tuition thing there unless we thought we would eventually receive a tuition deposit from you..."

FlanSolo

Postby FlanSolo » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:57 am

nadopretz wrote:The Tuition Box is the one that matters, at least that is what they implied on the phone to me the other day. They said, "well, we can't confirm acceptances/denials over phone, but we wouldn't put the tuition thing there unless we thought we would eventually receive a tuition deposit from you..."

My bad. :oops:

nadopretz

Postby nadopretz » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:59 am

FlanSolo wrote:
nadopretz wrote:The Tuition Box is the one that matters, at least that is what they implied on the phone to me the other day. They said, "well, we can't confirm acceptances/denials over phone, but we wouldn't put the tuition thing there unless we thought we would eventually receive a tuition deposit from you..."

My bad. :oops:

It is okay, FlanSolo, we all still love you. Also, the tuition box was followed up with a UPS package that can't be sent to PO Boxes, and dings come via regular USPS snail mail.

InSport

Postby InSport » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:56 am

fu2009 wrote:Although I am late to the party, I thought I would chime in. I have really appreciated reading everyone else's stories, and it's time I shared mine.

Tier 2 close to NYC
School doesn't rank but has a 3.0 curve. (probably pretty obvious which school now)

I am from the South but worked 2 years abroad and speak another language. This summer, I am working in-house at a big company. I want to stay in New York because I am interested in working on international mergers and aquisitions or corporate (both). I hope to work abroad at some point. I have only applied to Columbia and NYU - I figure Fordham isn't worth losing my high GPA and super cheap tuition/scholarships. Current law school has pretty good placement for the top students at big firms.

NYU should be receiving the (third) official LS transcript today. If not, I am going over there and handing it in myself - probably should have already done this after the first one was "lost in the mail". THAT has been the biggest hassle. Hopefully I'll be complete/U/R by the end of the day. Hope it's not too late! You all have such indimidating stats!

fu2009 - sounds like we go to the same school. Hopefully we both make it in. Good luck!

mileslibertatis

Postby mileslibertatis » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:59 am

Update 7/12

And NOW ME SCARED!!! :? :shock: :o

mileslibertatis

Postby mileslibertatis » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:01 pm

I think now we know that if you get Decision Letter Sent but no Tuition Deposit box, that means DING DING DING.

Right?

harmonep14

Postby harmonep14 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:02 pm

mileslibertatis wrote:I think now we know that if you get Decision Letter Sent but no Tuition Deposit box, that means DING DING DING.

Right?

I think so, but I think they also send you an email for a ding.

mileslibertatis

Postby mileslibertatis » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:02 pm

Anyone else have a scary 7/12 update?

harmonep14

Postby harmonep14 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:03 pm

Still stuck at 7/3

Lyonsoccer87

Postby Lyonsoccer87 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:03 pm

mileslibertatis wrote:Anyone else have a scary 7/12 update?

I hope you transfer struggles are over with an acceptance man.

shock259

Postby shock259 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:06 pm

still stuck at 7/6

canesfan1986

Postby canesfan1986 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:08 pm

7/3 for me

Second_Law

Postby Second_Law » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:14 pm

nadopretz wrote:
canesfan1986 wrote:
FlanSolo wrote:

The Tuition Box is the one that matters, at least that is what they implied on the phone to me the other day. They said, "well, we can't confirm acceptances/denials over phone, but we wouldn't put the tuition thing there unless we thought we would eventually receive a tuition deposit from you..."

I hope that is true. My status just changed to "Decision letter sent" 7/12 to go along with my "Tuition Deposit Received" box. Hope that is a good thing.

I'm on the west coast, though, so it may take me a little while to find out for sure.

Certiorari

Postby Certiorari » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:17 pm

I'm still waiting for my application to go complete. I applied the last week of June. I just barely sent the transcripts they needed a couple of days ago (I had no idea they couldn't use the CAS ones), but when I talked with them, they said they would still review the application before those got there, as long as they had fresh ones before I started.

mileslibertatis

Postby mileslibertatis » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:18 pm

SecondLaw - nice.

IsTheFatLadySinging

Postby IsTheFatLadySinging » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:19 pm

mileslibertatis wrote:SecondLaw - nice.

Is there a tuition box miles?!!!

mileslibertatis

Postby mileslibertatis » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:23 pm