NYU Transfers Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
InnocuousDiatribe

Bronze

Re: NYU Transfers

Post by InnocuousDiatribe » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:10 pm

jbiresq wrote:
PrayingforHYS wrote:
InnocuousDiatribe wrote:I've been in the Processing phase for a while now, as well. Both law school transcript and UG transcript boxes unchecked? Do we have to send these documents directly from LS/UGs or do they use the CAS copy that LSAC sends?
+1

can we get a response to this?

I just noticed on my status checker that "undergrad transcript" is unchecked, but I thought this was included in the CAS report??? I know for a fact that I sent my final UG transcript to LSAC after I graduated college, so...shouldn't the CAS report include it, or am I going to have to contact my slow-acting UG?

Thanks
I believe you need to get it sent directly from the schools. They have those forms in the application that you need to use.
Shit. I just found the forms. I did the college cert one, but I'm only just now seeing these law school transcript and college transcript forms, which are just goddamn unnecessary. Guess I'm not making the deadline. Calling tomorrow to see if the forms are absolutely essential considering they have copies of the transcripts themselves already.

FlanSolo

Bronze

Post by FlanSolo » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:21 am

InnocuousDiatribe wrote:
jbiresq wrote:
PrayingforHYS wrote:
InnocuousDiatribe wrote:I've been in the Processing phase for a while now, as well. Both law school transcript and UG transcript boxes unchecked? Do we have to send these documents directly from LS/UGs or do they use the CAS copy that LSAC sends?
+1

can we get a response to this?

I just noticed on my status checker that "undergrad transcript" is unchecked, but I thought this was included in the CAS report??? I know for a fact that I sent my final UG transcript to LSAC after I graduated college, so...shouldn't the CAS report include it, or am I going to have to contact my slow-acting UG?

Thanks
I believe you need to get it sent directly from the schools. They have those forms in the application that you need to use.
Shit. I just found the forms. I did the college cert one, but I'm only just now seeing these law school transcript and college transcript forms, which are just goddamn unnecessary. Guess I'm not making the deadline. Calling tomorrow to see if the forms are absolutely essential considering they have copies of the transcripts themselves already.
I had this same issue, but only for the LS forms. The person I spoke to said they were not necessary (as they had already been mailed the forms), but encouraged filling the forms out anyway. I did not fill out the forms because there was no good way to do this (my school handles most of this in an automated way that would have made explaining what needed to happen prohibitively difficult) and my file is totally complete. If they have the transcripts, I bet you're ok - just make sure they know.

Edit: fixed typo.

canesfan1986

Bronze

Post by canesfan1986 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:13 pm

Finally UR today. When is the first batch of decisions released?

transferpotential00

New

Post by transferpotential00 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:12 pm

canesfan1986 wrote:Finally UR today. When is the first batch of decisions released?
Same here.

TFR

Bronze

Post by TFR » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:48 am

canesfan1986 wrote:Finally UR today. When is the first batch of decisions released?
I think around 7/8 last year, but very few in the first batch. The first larger batch was a week or two after that. NYU is notorious for being the last school to notify transfers. They accept until August, and still allow you to participate in OCI.

Hope we all hear good news soon!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

FlanSolo

Bronze

Post by FlanSolo » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:00 am

Current status date change to today (7/2). Requirements list now says only "Tuition Deposit Received."

Assuming this means nothing, but fingers crossed it's good!

canesfan1986

Bronze

Post by canesfan1986 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:07 am

FlanSolo wrote:Current status date change to today (7/2). Requirements list now says only "Tuition Deposit Received."

Assuming this means nothing, but fingers crossed it's good!
Sounds good, especially with your stats.

I just found out on Friday that I'm #1 at my school and they just updated my application. I hope that gets me in.

I don't think you have much to worry about.

canesfan1986

Bronze

Post by canesfan1986 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:32 pm

I updated to 7/2 just now also. I still have my requirements list there, with the law school transcript box still unchecked, though I would imagine they have it because I have been under review since 6/28.

TFR

Bronze

Post by TFR » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:40 pm

To those with a status change, what does the status say?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

FlanSolo

Bronze

Post by FlanSolo » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:45 pm

TFR wrote:To those with a status change, what does the status say?
"Application under review"

canesfan1986

Bronze

Post by canesfan1986 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:48 pm

FlanSolo wrote:
TFR wrote:To those with a status change, what does the status say?
"Application under review"
Ditto.

transferpotential00

New

Post by transferpotential00 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:53 pm

Updated today as well. UR (6/28 --> 7/2). All requirements still there.

What does it all mean?! :)

canesfan1986

Bronze

Post by canesfan1986 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:55 pm

Idk. They're going crazy over there. Mine just went back to "application processing." "This is madness!"

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

TFR

Bronze

Post by TFR » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:57 pm

NYU didn't have an "application complete" stage (for me at least). Last year, acceptances were indicated with "decision letter sent." It could be the initial "application under review" just meant complete, and the update means they are actually reviewing your file.

Further speculation: from the three posters it seems like the updates weren't all at the same time of day. Not sure what that translates into.

transferpotential00

New

Post by transferpotential00 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:58 pm

canesfan1986 wrote:Idk. They're going crazy over there. Mine just went back to "application processing." "This is madness!"
Weird! Still UR here. I think that happened last year to someone. If it makes you feel better, he got in!

TFR

Bronze

Post by TFR » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:59 pm

Another explanation might be a glitch. If you read through this thread, you will see there were glitches before on the status checker.

canesfan1986

Bronze

Post by canesfan1986 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:00 pm

transferpotential00 wrote:
canesfan1986 wrote:Idk. They're going crazy over there. Mine just went back to "application processing." "This is madness!"
Weird! Still UR here. I think that happened last year to someone. If it makes you feel better, he got in!
Haha well I'll just stay hopeful then!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

mdfreeman

New

Post by mdfreeman » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:17 pm

Still "Being processed" and all I'm missing are my undergrad transcript and college questionaire. Just fyi, it took three days for my transcript box to "check" from when they actually received it.

We'll see what happens.

canesfan1986

Bronze

Post by canesfan1986 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:20 pm

All my boxes are now checked. It's just a matter of it saying, "under review" at this point. I have no idea if I actually was under review before. We should all know something fairly soon, I would imagine.

PrayingforHYS

Bronze

Post by PrayingforHYS » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:14 pm

I still don't understand why they require an undergrad transcript when I (and presumably many others) sent a final official transcript to LSAC after graduation

It's delaying my 'completeness' ... blah

shock259

Gold

Post by shock259 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:51 pm

I emailed them and complained, but they insisted on an official transcript from me too. Not sure if they realize that some UGs actually charge for it. I had to get one from mine rushed and it costs $25. Blah. Couple this with the fact that I am 95% certain NYU is going to reject me and ... BLAH

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

InSport

New

Post by InSport » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:46 pm

7/2 Status Update - Application Under Review

4.09 GPA at T2 school in NYC area

I can confirm that NYU makes decisions as late as mid August. I know someone that was accepted just a few days prior to the transfer student orientation.

Good luck to everyone!

TFR

Bronze

Post by TFR » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:02 am

InSport wrote:7/2 Status Update - Application Under Review

4.09 GPA at T2 school in NYC area

I can confirm that NYU makes decisions as late as mid August. I know someone that was accepted just a few days prior to the transfer student orientation.

Good luck to everyone!
Is this your first "under review" or were you under review before that.

TFR

Bronze

Post by TFR » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:54 pm

Status update! Hoping for the best!

harmonep14

New

Post by harmonep14 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:06 pm

TFR wrote:Status update! Hoping for the best!
Mine just updated as well. T80-90, top 1%.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”