NYU Transfers Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
candytex

New

NYU Transfers

Post by candytex » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:47 am

I am not sure if there is already a thread for 1Ls who are applying to NYU as transfer students, but I did not see one so I decided to start my own.

I am currently ranked in the top 2% (3.912 GPA) at a school in the 60s. I was accepted EA at Georgetown, but I would prefer to finish up law school in NYC. Has anyone on this forum transferred to NYU? What are my chances?

Who else is applying out there?

IsTheFatLadySinging

Bronze

Re: NYU Transfers

Post by IsTheFatLadySinging » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:32 am

Has anyone received a status checker?

howdypumpkin

New

Post by howdypumpkin » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:56 am

Did you guys send in your application before you got second semester grades back? Am I making a mistake by waiting to get all my grades in?

TFR

Bronze

Post by TFR » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:52 pm

To those who asked: I spoke to a rep at NYU last week and they said that they have not begun looking at applications and they expect to put up a status checker within the next few days or so.

TFR

Bronze

Post by TFR » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:53 pm

candytex wrote:I am currently ranked in the top 2% (3.912 GPA) at a school in the 60s. I was accepted EA at Georgetown, but I would prefer to finish up law school in NYC. Has anyone on this forum transferred to NYU? What are my chances?

I am just an applicant, but from reading these threads it seems that if you are at BLS your chances should be good

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

candytex

New

Post by candytex » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:24 pm

TFR wrote:
candytex wrote:I am currently ranked in the top 2% (3.912 GPA) at a school in the 60s. I was accepted EA at Georgetown, but I would prefer to finish up law school in NYC. Has anyone on this forum transferred to NYU? What are my chances?

I am just an applicant, but from reading these threads it seems that if you are at BLS your chances should be good
I am at BLS... where are you getting this information?

General question for anyone who may know answer... when does NYU typically notify applicants of their acceptance?

BLSTruth

New

Post by BLSTruth » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:08 pm

BLS top 6% with CALI Award, what are my chances of getting into NYU?

HappyTransfer2012

New

Post by HappyTransfer2012 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:52 pm

Applying NYU as well... Top 10% at T50, Law Review, Ivy Undergrad... Do I even have a shot? I have to get home to NYC asap...

Some questions for y'all -- How many transfers does NYU generally take? Why do they not even require PS or LOR? Is it all about grades? Rank?

As for status check, I called and asked - they said these would be sent out in the next week.

luckyjd

Bronze

Post by luckyjd » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:27 pm

just got tracker

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

TFR

Bronze

Post by TFR » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:55 pm

Tracker here too.... Says application being processed... Mine should be complete for over a week already. Does anyone know how long it takes to process applications by NYU?

candytex

New

Post by candytex » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:06 pm

i asked this before but just to ask again, when does NYU start releasing admissions decisions for transfer students?

TFR

Bronze

Post by TFR » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:16 pm

candytex wrote:i asked this before but just to ask again, when does NYU start releasing admissions decisions for transfer students?
I was looking through last year's thread, and there was one decision released around 7/8 or so, and the next ones were after 7/15 if I remember correctly... I think the 7/8 decision was top 5% at a T30

TFR

Bronze

Post by TFR » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:45 pm

Is anyone's status checker reflecting all materials that should be in? Did anyone get past the "application processing" stage?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

luckyjd

Bronze

Post by luckyjd » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:59 pm

they told me they're still processing materials. my dean's certificate only showed up as processed today. still waiting on transcript to be processed though.

TFR

Bronze

Post by TFR » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:01 pm

luckyjd wrote:they told me they're still processing materials. my dean's certificate only showed up as processed today. still waiting on transcript to be processed though.
Same here on the transcript, they have it for 2 weeks, so I was wondering if/when I should resend another one...

luckyjd

Bronze

Post by luckyjd » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:05 pm

yeah, dean's cert was probably sent out at least 3 weeks ago, before i even submitted my app haha. so i was surprised to not see it checked off when they initially sent me the tracker. they told me to call the office at the end of the week if everything isn't checked off by then.

canesfan1986

Bronze

Post by canesfan1986 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:12 pm

I went to "Under Review" as of today. It's weird though because I just had my final transcripts sent today, so they don't have it yet. Anyone else in the same boat?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

TFR

Bronze

Post by TFR » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:14 pm

canesfan1986 wrote:I went to "Under Review" as of today. It's weird though because I just had my final transcripts sent today, so they don't have it yet. Anyone else in the same boat?
Mine should be complete, they said they have all my stuff, and I am still at 'application processing" with stuff missing on the status checker.
I don't know how that make sense.

canesfan1986

Bronze

Post by canesfan1986 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:33 pm

Idk. When did you send your app in?

TFR

Bronze

Post by TFR » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:36 pm

canesfan1986 wrote:Idk. When did you send your app in?
Around 5/20 or so. And you? Maybe you are an auto-admit or something, so they put you U/R right away.

canesfan1986

Bronze

Post by canesfan1986 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:44 pm

I think it was around the same time. But they only have one semester of grades right now. It doesn't make sense. The box for LS transcripts is unchecked. I'm at a 60s school with a 3.94, but all they have is fall semester when I had a 3.89. I know that probably put me at #1 or #2, and I'm probably #1 now. I still don't get what they're looking at.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

canesfan1986

Bronze

Post by canesfan1986 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:32 am

I called and it was a system error. They said they changed it back and they'll review it as soon as they receive the final transcript.

candytex

New

Post by candytex » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:46 am

Does anyone know how many people apply to transfer to NYU law? How many people they offer admissions to? How many of those people end up actually attending?

I have tried to find these statistics, but I have not been able to.... I figured I'd throw it out there to see if someone tracked down this information

Mike Pib

New

Post by Mike Pib » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:01 pm

Hi Candy. I'm starting at BLS in August. Is there anything about it that made you want to leave rather than just the opportunity to jump to a t14?

TFR

Bronze

Post by TFR » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:38 pm

candytex wrote:Does anyone know how many people apply to transfer to NYU law? How many people they offer admissions to? How many of those people end up actually attending?

I have tried to find these statistics, but I have not been able to.... I figured I'd throw it out there to see if someone tracked down this information
I think they have about 50 transfers or so. LSAC/ABA has an info sheet for each school with the amount of transfers attending.

Most people that get CLS/NYU take CLS so they probably accept alot more.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”